Friday, July 29, 2011

I Saw An Older Woman String Up A Younger Woman While Her Armpit Was Shaved

Posted by on Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 12:44 PM

SHAVE.
  • SHAVE.
Capitol Hill's newest performance/artist residency space is Vanessa De Wolf's Project Space Available, and it's having a fundraiser (read: you can see unpredictable things for free, such as the armpit-shaving situation, featuring the awesome Dead Bird Movement and Karn Junkinsmith, which happened Wednesday, and you decide whether to give money).

The final night of the fundraiser is Saturday. It involves the artist who calls herself Flatchestedmama. Details here.

I don't know what will happen, or whether it will be great. I know I like the space, and I like the chance-taking.

Will in Seattle 1
Are you sure this wasn't Godden?
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on July 29, 2011 at 1:11 PM · Report this
Dear god please tell me this doesn't receive any taxpayer money.
Posted by akb on July 29, 2011 at 1:39 PM · Report this
this is why people hate modern dance*

* I don't. I love modern dance. But that byline makes does the opposite of make me want to support this very cool project involving many of this city's excellent dance artists.
Posted by genevieve on July 29, 2011 at 1:51 PM · Report this
pissy mcslogbot 4
for some reason ya just gotta think this may very well be the look of the crowd attending...

but yeah, it's only been about a year since the interior semiotics thing, & i do love me some "cutting edge art" and all, but christ, imo this just sounds too cliche from the outset.
Posted by pissy mcslogbot on July 29, 2011 at 5:57 PM · Report this
thedundieaward 5
Performance, the act of staging or presenting a form of entertainment, died July 29th, after a mundane activity, normally performed in the bathroom, was presented as 'chance-taking.'

Performance had been in decline in recent years due to digital media, satire, and rampant 'chance-taking' in an effort to forward the form. Sadly, the form finely broke into incoherency and died shortly after.

Posted by thedundieaward on August 3, 2011 at 10:39 AM · Report this