Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Happy Hotdog Man: "It's Like a Toy... YOU CAN EAT!!"

Posted by on Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 10:13 AM

The following infomercial for the "Happy Hot Dog Man" is so jam-packed with hilarious surreality—I frankly don't know where to start. So I'll just say this: WATCH IT, AND YOU'LL WANT IT.

BUY IT. GET IT. LIVE IT.

Red_Ruth 1
Whoaa... surreal is the right word for that.
Posted by Red_Ruth on June 14, 2011 at 10:25 AM · Report this
When I was a kid, there was a diner around the corner that would cut a hot dog into an octopus, and I stand by my belief that they tasted better that way.
Posted by jzimbert on June 14, 2011 at 10:31 AM · Report this
Whatever happened to "Don't play with your food."

Aw what the hell, I had a Mr. Potato Man when you still used real potatos.
Posted by judybrowni on June 14, 2011 at 10:37 AM · Report this
coolio 4
I saw this on tv really late the other night, I guess I was half asleep because the next day thought it was a dream. I want the mustard monster!
Posted by coolio on June 14, 2011 at 10:43 AM · Report this
RNBSN 5
I'm sure this sort of thing is mentioned in The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire. No way we'll survive this.
Posted by RNBSN on June 14, 2011 at 11:06 AM · Report this
thatsnotright 6
Does this lead to cannibalism in later life?
Posted by thatsnotright on June 14, 2011 at 11:17 AM · Report this
COMTE 7
When I see things like this it always makes me wonder: did someone really perceive that millions of people in the world have an unfulfilled NEED to turn a hot dog into some sort of anthropomorphic entity in order to make it more palatable?

Or instead did some plastics fabricator fuck up a completely unrelated product and then sit around with a bunch of marketing types trying to figure out how to offload the six million defective units in inventory and this was what they came up with?
Posted by COMTE on June 14, 2011 at 12:07 PM · Report this
Superfrankenstein 8
If alien monsters ever put the human race through a futuristic global slaughterhouse/food processing plant, I wonder if they'll cut our meat into fun shapes for their kids.
Posted by Superfrankenstein http://twitter.com/TomPeyer on June 14, 2011 at 12:33 PM · Report this
I saw this on BME.
Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen on June 14, 2011 at 2:39 PM · Report this
Rubykelp 10

Still doesn't beat the Baby Bullet
Posted by Rubykelp on June 14, 2011 at 2:50 PM · Report this
Must have mustard snot monster head! Summer cookouts would be HIGHLY improved.
Posted by I Love IPA on June 14, 2011 at 5:34 PM · Report this