Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Coming Out Was Just Like This

Posted by on Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 4:28 PM

I love the term "weregay." I think I knew a couple of weregays in college.
Posted by Clayton on June 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM · Report this
You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me 2
LOL!!! "Sodomy and Cocktails" Best name ever for a gay bar...

Great clip Dan!
Posted by You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me on June 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM · Report this
None of my gay friends have gay powers, dammit.
Posted by JrzWrld on June 2, 2011 at 4:44 PM · Report this
Aaron 4
Is that young man really gay? Because he's doing an amazing job with the role.
Posted by Aaron on June 2, 2011 at 4:45 PM · Report this
yeah, my coming out was completely unfunny too.
Posted by ian on June 2, 2011 at 4:58 PM · Report this
@5- ooooo BURN! Dick.

Anywho- I love SMBC-comics.com, and their video shorts, while hit or miss, can often leave me in stitches.

Thanks for linking to it Dan :-)
Posted by Aedan Robinson on June 2, 2011 at 5:11 PM · Report this
foolish-rain 7
Yes Dan, but this one explains nearly 50% of your listening audience: http://www.smbc-theater.com/?id=246
Posted by foolish-rain on June 2, 2011 at 5:49 PM · Report this
pissy mcslogbot 8
crap!! and i just dyed my hair blonde and was all planning on wearing this rocking neckerchief out tonight... to only now find out @ this late hour that it's totally TV gay. omg. can't have that.

i guess it's the old standard of assless chaps, tilted leather 50's motorcycle cap and riding crop then, look out first Thursday Artwalk here I come.
Posted by pissy mcslogbot on June 2, 2011 at 5:50 PM · Report this
Oh. What's with the rainbow then? O.o
Posted by subwlf on June 2, 2011 at 9:27 PM · Report this
@9

It was basically a bunch of jokes in rapid fire succession. SNL would have to, you know, write jokes to make that work.
Posted by Thunderbird on June 3, 2011 at 12:22 AM · Report this
Sodomy and cocktails? Where?
Posted by Cloudgazer on June 3, 2011 at 7:05 AM · Report this
@9 - you are under the assumption that something has to be well-written or particularly clever to be funny. I thought the skit was amusing. Not the best they've ever done, but fun and speaks in an obvious way to many people who have experienced an albeit-less-over-the-top version of the denial attempted in this video.

In a sense all good humor needs to be is passably written as long as the people who are viewing it can relate to some aspect of what they are viewing. There's a reason why "it's funny 'cause it's true!" is a common cliche to say in concern with humor.
Posted by Aedan Robinson on June 3, 2011 at 8:17 AM · Report this
I think Dan readers would also really like SMBC's "Slippery Slope":

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=DJPm5…
Posted by SpaceGirl on June 3, 2011 at 8:17 AM · Report this
...except, of course, that I fail at linking to it.
Posted by SpaceGirl on June 3, 2011 at 8:20 AM · Report this
Posted by SpaceGirl on June 3, 2011 at 8:26 AM · Report this
I also loved the weregay. Gee, I'm honestly considering letting the powers of the full moon bring out the gay in me every February of a leap year...
Posted by ankylosaur on June 3, 2011 at 3:21 PM · Report this
Gitai 18
As a fashion backward faggot in desperate need of a haircut, I'm going to love explaining that I'm gay, not TV gay.
Posted by Gitai on June 4, 2011 at 9:09 AM · Report this
Wait... you mean those Tom of Finland pictures aren't accurate?
Posted by BrainFromArous on June 6, 2011 at 9:52 AM · Report this