Thursday, May 12, 2011

So The Problem Is Perverted Straight Men... Not Trans Women?

Posted by on Thu, May 12, 2011 at 8:36 AM

A Christian bigot admits that he and his fellow straight men are the real threat...

FischerLiar.jpeg

So what we need is a law banning straight men from using public restrooms—any public restrooms, just to be on the safe side. You can't be too careful when you're trying to protect the public from straight sexual predators. (Via JMG.)

Fifty-Two-Eighty 1
Yeah, because there's so much to see in a women's restroom.
Posted by Fifty-Two-Eighty http://www.nra.org on May 12, 2011 at 8:43 AM · Report this
God damn it, do this LAST! Equal employment rights, equal rights to frequent public establishments, stronger hate crimes laws.
Posted by Marrena on May 12, 2011 at 8:59 AM · Report this
Vince 3
Without fear, they've got nothing.
Posted by Vince on May 12, 2011 at 9:00 AM · Report this
Like there's an epidemic of straight guys in wigs peepin' in the womens' rooms. Why haven't I seen any? Where are all the prosecutions?
Posted by The Not-Angry Tranny on May 12, 2011 at 9:08 AM · Report this
kind of like people who adamantly insist that being gay is a choice. Let's say we accept that they're being sincere- it's only because *they're actually gay (or bi).* The people yelling about the threat? are the threat.
Posted by sylvia browning on May 12, 2011 at 9:09 AM · Report this
Max Solomon 6
doesn't every problem boil down to perverted straight men?

Posted by Max Solomon on May 12, 2011 at 9:10 AM · Report this
Hmmm..... If gay men can use men's rooms, and lesbians can use women's rooms, ummm... what were we talking about again?

Srsly, people. Unisex restrooms with attendants are the answer. Civil rights, someone to manage the paper towels, discourage shenanigans and keep the place tidy, and jobs.
Posted by Brooklyn Reader on May 12, 2011 at 9:20 AM · Report this
BEG 8
I saw that and was all WTF too. Of course, I've just come away from another (feminist) blog that blew up with a transphobic fight as well, where that same basic sentiment ("ANY MAN COULD JUST FORCE HIS WAY IN A BATHROOM IF WE LET "THOSE" PEOPLE IN"). I could just literally bang my head on the wall some days.
Posted by BEG http://twitter.com/#!/browneyedgirl65 on May 12, 2011 at 9:23 AM · Report this
gember 9
This is why i put a drum-size garbage bag over myself before washing my hands in public. It's too private, and there might be lurking cross-dressing dudes or even lesbians around.
Posted by gember on May 12, 2011 at 9:23 AM · Report this
I don't understand what these people think there is to see in a women's restroom. Frankly, if the worst case scenario is that I make a handwashing fetishist's day, hey, be my guest.
Posted by amazonvera on May 12, 2011 at 9:32 AM · Report this
aardvark 11
thanks for the great idea gramps!
Posted by aardvark on May 12, 2011 at 9:48 AM · Report this
Hyzenthlayk9 12
@6 - Yes, yes it does.
Posted by Hyzenthlayk9 http://oystermind.blogspot.com/ on May 12, 2011 at 9:57 AM · Report this
college dude from madison 13
I don't see the big issue even *if* there really was a huge trend of guys in wigs posting up in bathrooms. Wouldn't you feel just as violated or uncomfortable if a woman (gay or straight) peeked under your stall? I'm probably not the best person to comment though, seeing as I have no sense of privacy.
Posted by college dude from madison on May 12, 2011 at 10:04 AM · Report this
shw3nn 14
@10 What? You mean this doesn't happen every time you go to the ladies?
Posted by shw3nn on May 12, 2011 at 10:07 AM · Report this
Oh Bryan Fischer, you kidder! The great thing about Fischer is that he never fails to reveal his own id whenever he goes on one of these moralistic rants. I dream of the day this guy is "Larry Craig-ed".
Posted by Westside forever on May 12, 2011 at 10:18 AM · Report this
Gays and trannies ARE perverted straight men....
Posted by Urban Dictionary on May 12, 2011 at 10:28 AM · Report this
Fnarf 17
Larry Craig was a straight man (sort of). I don't want him in the stall next to me. How about we bar homophobes from all public facilities?
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on May 12, 2011 at 10:30 AM · Report this
TreGibbs 18
One suspects in others as one truly is. I believe that the christian pervert has just outed himself.
Posted by TreGibbs on May 12, 2011 at 10:46 AM · Report this
John Horstman 19
Huh, yeah, 'cause sexual harassment in bathrooms isn't otherwise illegal... what? I believe the psychological term for this is "projection".
Posted by John Horstman on May 12, 2011 at 11:17 AM · Report this

Yep!
Posted by ankylosaur on May 12, 2011 at 11:19 AM · Report this
Heh. And to think that, as a father with kids-still-in-diapers, that I'm forced to use the women's washrooms in places where they are the only washrooms with changing facilities.

Maybe they should make a law keeping breeders out of the washrooms too.

Oh and by the way, there's totally nothing to see, unless you're the kind of creep that puts hidden cameras in the toilets.
Posted by gromm on May 12, 2011 at 1:20 PM · Report this
persimmon 22
I don't understand (aside from the vantage point of a watersport fetishist) the allure of getting a peek into a women's restroom. As a woman, I can assure the men out there that I have never myself, nor been under the impression that anyone else was: masturbating, making out, touching oneself or another person, disrobing, or even (for the love of god) shaving their legs in a public restroom. Women's restrooms typically smell either like Softsoap or stale crotch, usually have pee on the seats, and involve women coming and going as quickly as possible. We don't make eye contact, and most of us wash our hands, but never dry them (those hand dryers take forever!). At most, you might catch a glimpse of us adjusting our bras (under our shirts) or checking to see if we have VPL (visible panty line) in the mirror. That's it. Even in the stalls, toilets are designed so that when a girl sits down bare-assed, you can't see anything. And as for conversation, if it happens, it's because someone *desperately* (and I do mean DESPERATELY) needs a tampon or a pad. Titillating, I know.
So, for the sake of your conviction record, please stop trying to get into our public bathrooms. At least try going for the locker room at your gym--Christ, at least there you know we're getting naked.
Posted by persimmon on May 12, 2011 at 1:27 PM · Report this
heh. . . sooo. . . Buck Angel should be in the women's room then? heh.
Posted by Lady Ga Ga on May 12, 2011 at 3:48 PM · Report this