Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hillbilly Kids Done Gone and Played the Gol' Darndest Thangs!

Posted by on Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Check out these hillbilly kids absolutely wailing on their version of Earl Scruggs' "Flint Hill Special." The only way this could be improved is if they were all bald and blind (think Deliverance). Oh, and by the way? NICE STUFFED FOX!

Yeeeeeeeeeeee-HAWWWWW!!!

Prusik 1
As an aspiring banjo player, I hate this kid. Correction, these kids.
Posted by Prusik on May 11, 2011 at 11:11 AM · Report this
heywhatsit!? 2
Goddammit. I've been playing for as long as this kid is old and I can't come close. To hell with the fox. Dig that model Millennium Falcon.
Posted by heywhatsit!? on May 11, 2011 at 11:12 AM · Report this
Don't be hatin' on the bluegrass prodigies. That was awesome.
Posted by Christy O on May 11, 2011 at 11:14 AM · Report this
Prusik 4
Yeah I feel like an ass. And I'm not sure this kid has legs, so I just feel bad.
Posted by Prusik on May 11, 2011 at 11:15 AM · Report this
rara avis 5
I'm barely coordinated enough to watch this performance. I'm impressed.
Posted by rara avis on May 11, 2011 at 11:16 AM · Report this
Plus, they come from the authentic hillbilly locale of New Jersey. And they already better than some of the Pacific NW hipsters who move to the Smokies for a few years to get street cred.
Posted by bluegrass fan on May 11, 2011 at 11:20 AM · Report this
kathotdog 7
Banjo is a freakin' hard instrument to play.
Damn him and his talent!
Posted by kathotdog on May 11, 2011 at 11:24 AM · Report this
Prusik 8
Nope, he has legs. I shall resume the hating.

Posted by Prusik on May 11, 2011 at 11:26 AM · Report this
Fnarf 9
About time y'all got some real music on this here thing.

Just pump this kid full of heroin and cocaine and you'll have a regular Doug Dillard on your hands.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on May 11, 2011 at 11:29 AM · Report this
Foghorn Leghorn 10
Dayyyyyym son.
Posted by Foghorn Leghorn on May 11, 2011 at 11:35 AM · Report this
DAMN! Now, where'd I put my jar of moonshine
Posted by Westside forever on May 11, 2011 at 12:07 PM · Report this
rtm 12
Also, a hat tip to the parents who listened to all the wrong notes these kids played at 5 and 6 to get where they are today! Awesome.
Posted by rtm on May 11, 2011 at 12:07 PM · Report this
kim in portland 13
Wonderful.
Posted by kim in portland http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/11/fast-paced_video_provides_a_fu.html on May 11, 2011 at 12:35 PM · Report this
Amazing! Loved it. The banjo's fiendishly difficult to play, and hipster trash like you wouldn't (and doesn't) know how to appreciate it.
Posted by PugilistPuck on May 11, 2011 at 12:56 PM · Report this
OuterCow 15
@2 And the Star Destroyer behind it.
Posted by OuterCow on May 11, 2011 at 12:59 PM · Report this
banjodavid 16
He's playing close to note-for-note what Earl played in the '50's, and clean and fast, too.
Keep it up, kid, we need more banjo players.
Posted by banjodavid on May 11, 2011 at 1:05 PM · Report this
Awesome. rock the fuck on!
Posted by cracked on May 11, 2011 at 1:11 PM · Report this
NaFun 18
These kids can crash my house party any day.
Posted by NaFun http://www.dancesafe.org on May 11, 2011 at 1:14 PM · Report this
Excellent fiddle and guitar as well as banjo. I'd love to jam with them.
Posted by been there and back again on May 11, 2011 at 2:43 PM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 20
Holy fuck! That kid is barely big enough to even hold the damned thing. Per the video @8 linked, the kid is only 8 years old!!!

Kill me now.
Posted by Reverse Polarity on May 11, 2011 at 3:43 PM · Report this
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are all incredible. And the 8 year old is playing the banjo while tuning it! BTW, the M. Falcon rocks. Stuffed fox - eh.
Posted by Get friggin real on May 11, 2011 at 8:51 PM · Report this
Cynic Romantic 22
Hot Diggity!
Even the home made furniture is cool!
Posted by Cynic Romantic on May 12, 2011 at 1:30 AM · Report this