Saturday, April 16, 2011

Statue of Liberty Holding a Starbucks Coffee as a Torch Will Prepare Your Taxes

Posted by on Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Or something.

statueoflibertystarbucks.jpg

DavidG 1
I was looking for an alternative to H&R Block, but there's no way I'm letting these guys be in charge of my taxes.
Posted by DavidG http://portableshrines.com on April 16, 2011 at 4:20 PM · Report this
Even better, there's a fat black guy at 23rd and Yesler who wears the same outfit while talking on his bluetooth phone. Makes me want to sign right up ...
Posted by hifiandrew on April 16, 2011 at 4:39 PM · Report this
Matt from Denver 3
Liberty Tax has been doing this for years. This is the first time you've seen it?
Posted by Matt from Denver on April 16, 2011 at 4:55 PM · Report this
They should have used a pic of this guy as the new stamp for the post office.
Posted by Weekilter on April 16, 2011 at 5:21 PM · Report this
Another fine addition to the franchises and chains that have come to characterize Broadway. In this photo we see Liberty Tax (3,500 offices), Rite Aid (4,701 stores), Subway (34,000 stores). I know, I know, little unique local retailers still survive here and there with the rents they get charged on this street. I just need some more coffee.

(P.S. Kind of sweet that you've managed in a week to post photos from Spain and now from kitty corner to your apartment building.)
Posted by gloomy gus on April 16, 2011 at 5:22 PM · Report this
Most humiliating temp job ever.
Posted by decidedlyodd on April 16, 2011 at 6:12 PM · Report this
If you parse that sentence differently than intended you get ... "Statue of Liberty Holding a Starbucks Coffee"

Capitalism at its best!

"As a Torch Will Prepare Your Taxes"

Certainly not reflective of the rich people this year.
Posted by idaho on April 16, 2011 at 6:43 PM · Report this
I'm Waiting for the Man doesn't seem quite so sexy when faced with the reality of earning one's $26.
Posted by kinaidos on April 16, 2011 at 7:01 PM · Report this
Wicked Virgin 9
I'd love to know the hiring process for these people, because I have seen some of the scariest people ever in these outfits. It might be a work-release thing from prison.
Posted by Wicked Virgin http://goo.gl/nBxVY on April 16, 2011 at 7:09 PM · Report this
Kinison 10
Every year this happens, someone who cant hold a job is given the job of wearing that costume for 6-8 hours leading up to tax day. Lived 1/2 block from that street corner (8 years?) and that costume could probably use a wash.
Posted by Kinison http://www.holgatehawks.com on April 16, 2011 at 7:40 PM · Report this
despicable me 11
I've seen 4 of those in and around southern California in the last 2 weeks. Sadly, they are out of a job come Monday.

I was wondering where my comment went. I must have posted it to the link below this but I don't really know how that could have happened. I've really been screwing up a lot more than usual lately.

*sigh*
Posted by despicable me on April 16, 2011 at 7:46 PM · Report this
Lola, Missing Iowa City 12
Aw, my old neighborhood!
Posted by Lola, Missing Iowa City on April 16, 2011 at 11:23 PM · Report this
Hmm... is that a Grand Theft Auto 4 reference?

Posted by kentdoggydog http://brianimation.com on April 17, 2011 at 8:28 AM · Report this

Can she deduct the $5.25 trente as a business expense?
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://_ on April 17, 2011 at 10:00 AM · Report this
beelzebufo 15
The Statue of Liberty brought my office Krispy Kremes one time.
Posted by beelzebufo on April 17, 2011 at 12:11 PM · Report this
One of these people got hit by a car near me recently. Cheap blueish-green crush velvet with bright red blood on it is now sort of my immediate mental image of the entire recession.
Posted by SeaExile on April 17, 2011 at 7:17 PM · Report this