Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Posted by on Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 4:20 PM

...from the Unicorn:

St. Patrick's Day experiment #13: 4-leaf Corndog with Fancy Sauce.
Still trying stuff out.

My caption-writing skills fail in the face of this madness.
  • My caption-writing skills fail in the face of this madness.

More Unicorn holiday terror—Lucky Green Fries, Leprechaun Balls w/baconated cabbage—here.

Canuck 1
Our friends had a cat that got its tail cut off by the fan belt of their car. When I saw it, it was sitting on this pillow, and the cut-off stump looked just like that corn dog, except, you know, for the green part...you could call it "Cut-Off Cat Tail Quartet."
Posted by Canuck on March 17, 2011 at 4:27 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 2
We need more pics of beer. And cider.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on March 17, 2011 at 4:40 PM · Report this
Mittens Schrodinger 3
That looks like poop sushi.
Posted by Mittens Schrodinger on March 17, 2011 at 4:54 PM · Report this
eclexia 4
"The goat's just done a bundle."
Posted by eclexia on March 17, 2011 at 5:17 PM · Report this
michael strangeways 5
As someone recovering from a nasty flu, I can't even comment on that schmeer of "sauce" on that plate...
Posted by michael strangeways http://www.seattlegayscene.com/ on March 17, 2011 at 6:04 PM · Report this
Saint Paddy's day fun facts...

Fun fact #1: State workers in Suffolk County, which includes Boston and Cambridge as well as Dorchester, Brighton and Charleston have today off for "Evacuation Day", a commemoration of the retreat of the hated Redcoats from Boston early in the Revolution that coincidentally ;) coincides with Saint Patrick's Day. 'Tis a Saint Paddy's miracle! Begorrah!

Fun Fact #2: My parents met on this day in 1965, at a Saint Patrick's Day party complete with green beer on the campus of UMass.
Posted by Peter F on March 17, 2011 at 6:07 PM · Report this
seandr 7
I'm Irish and I like to drink. So how is it that am I not drunk right now??
Posted by seandr on March 17, 2011 at 6:11 PM · Report this
@7, I'm all drunk out, after spending the last week in Boston for PAX East, but I am making corned beef brisket right now with cabbage and potatoes...
Posted by Peter F on March 17, 2011 at 6:24 PM · Report this
Canuck 9
@7 Your priorities need some work, obviously. Do a shot, or turn in your Irish card...Sláinte!
Posted by Canuck on March 17, 2011 at 6:39 PM · Report this
seandr 10
@8, @9
Working up a red wine buzz. I know, lame, but that's all I have to work with at the moment.
Posted by seandr on March 17, 2011 at 6:48 PM · Report this
There is nothing wrong with a red wine buzz, other than the headache tomorrow. I have a bottle of Cabernet handy here, myself, though I do have to work in the morning...
Posted by Peter F on March 17, 2011 at 7:03 PM · Report this
Canuck 12
@10 We Irish are nothing if not resourceful.

@11 "though I do have to work in the morning..."
If God didn't want you to drink on a work night, He wouldn't have invented coffee.
Posted by Canuck on March 17, 2011 at 7:21 PM · Report this
@12, And on the 8th Day, God followed that up with Irish coffee...
Posted by Peter F on March 17, 2011 at 7:38 PM · Report this