Thursday, March 10, 2011

Everyone's a Critic... Even the Alleged Spokane Bomber!

Posted by on Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 11:00 AM

It turns out that alleged Spokane MLK Jr. Day parade backpack bomber Kevin Harpham is not only a racist, a neo-Nazi and a crappy bomb maker, he also fancies himself a bit of a music critic:

I just found out Rob Halford is gay, this is terrible news. I don't know if I will be able to listen to Judas Priest the way I used to. :(

Quick, Grant... sign him up for Line Out!

He was pretty late to that party. Should someone let him know about Freddy Mercury?
Posted by BornAgainInBellevue on March 10, 2011 at 11:21 AM · Report this
Goldy 2
@1,

No, that kinda shocking news might turn him violent.
Posted by Goldy on March 10, 2011 at 11:24 AM · Report this
vinylsaurus 3
Good riddance. I love Judas Priest and would be happy not to have that association with people like him.
Posted by vinylsaurus http://www.vinylsaurus.com on March 10, 2011 at 11:27 AM · Report this
seandr 4
I had a conservative acquaintance in college who was probably The Who's biggest fan. I'll never forget the day he found out that Pete Townsend was gay.
Posted by seandr on March 10, 2011 at 11:30 AM · Report this
Pete Townshend isn't gay. He said he experimented some in the 60's, but he has stated on more than one occasion that he is straight (so he might be bisexual or heteroflexible at the most, but probably not gay.)
Posted by throxus on March 10, 2011 at 11:39 AM · Report this
I was a huge Priest fan in high school and my mom hated, HATED their songs for what she thought was misogyny.

Years later, it was fun to point out to her that Rob wasn't singing about the ladies in "Eat me alive".
Posted by Westside forever on March 10, 2011 at 12:04 PM · Report this
seandr 7
@5: Well, the headlines of the day said he was gay. Whether or not that was true, watching this guy trying to process his conflicting impulses was unforgettable.
Posted by seandr on March 10, 2011 at 12:27 PM · Report this
Most of us figured out that Halford was gay as soon as we found out what a leather daddy was and how they dressed. How could this neo-nazi have missed the obvious connection?

Oh, right. Never mind.
Posted by Proteus on March 10, 2011 at 12:59 PM · Report this
Fnarf 9
In other breaking news, Keith Richards has experimented with drugs, and Paul McCartney used to be in another band before Wings. Also, Madonna: not a virgin.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on March 10, 2011 at 1:37 PM · Report this
Goldy 10
@9,

But she's like a virgin.
Posted by Goldy on March 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM · Report this
markvz 11
When Rob Halford outed himself metal fans around the world (including myself) were shocked ... for about five minutes. The clues had been pretty obvious for twenty years. Furthermore, nobody wound up giving a shit anyway. It does bring a new meaning to the song "Ram it Down".
Posted by markvz on March 10, 2011 at 3:59 PM · Report this
scojomojo 12
He just now figured out Rob Halford was gay. I new that when the Head out to the Highway video came out.
Posted by scojomojo on March 10, 2011 at 6:00 PM · Report this