Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"Craigslist Congressman" Quits After Scandal Over Shirtless Photo

Posted by on Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Republican Congressman Chris Lee of New York stepped down just hours after this shirtless picture of him appeared on Gawker. Lee sent the picture to a woman on Craigslist's Women Seeking Men section in response to her question: "Will someone prove to me not all CL men look like toads?"

xlarge_chrislee_frontimage.jpg
  • VIA GAWKER
Lee, who is 46 and married with one kid, sent his photo, adding,

To: [redacted]@yahoo.com
From: Christopher Lee
Date: Friday, January 14, 2011, 2:41 PM
Subject: Will Someone Prove To Me Not All CL Men Look Like Toads - 34 (DMV)
Hi,
Hope I'm not a toad. :) i'm a very fit fun classy guy. Live in Cap Hill area. 6ft 190lbs blond/blue. 39.. Lobbyist. I promise not to disappoint.

If only he had left out his face.

seatackled 1
Not really that hot.
Posted by seatackled on February 9, 2011 at 4:10 PM · Report this
seatackled 2
Shit, he's only 39? Looks older.

And he lied about being a lobbyist.
Posted by seatackled on February 9, 2011 at 4:12 PM · Report this
@2: Actually 46.
Posted by FeralTurnip on February 9, 2011 at 4:14 PM · Report this
Original Andrew 4
Can't be much longer until Aaron Schock ends up on Guys with iPhones.

Setting aside his reprehensible politics--and the fact that he's likely a serial cheater since a first-timer isn't gonna be e-mailing out shirtless pix to random Craigslist posters--I hope I look that damn good at 46. I'd hit it twice. Someone's gotta fuck some sense into him.
Posted by Original Andrew on February 9, 2011 at 4:17 PM · Report this
Original Andrew 5
@ 2, it's actually the 7th anniversary of his 39th birthday.
Posted by Original Andrew on February 9, 2011 at 4:18 PM · Report this
seatackled 6
Hey, do we know if he used his congressional email address?
Posted by seatackled on February 9, 2011 at 4:18 PM · Report this
He definitely has the whole Juiceman thing going on.

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://_ on February 9, 2011 at 4:19 PM · Report this
Ew.
Posted by gloomy gus on February 9, 2011 at 4:19 PM · Report this
Ziggity 9
Classy!
Posted by Ziggity on February 9, 2011 at 4:20 PM · Report this
seatackled 10
@3, thanks.

Actually, here are the emails.

Posted by seatackled on February 9, 2011 at 4:24 PM · Report this
Original Andrew 11
And the object of his Republitard lust is a fully-conscious, adult, human female. Oh. Pleez.

Back in my day (2006) Congressman Soloflex would've been laughed out of the Congressional locker room. No pole-vaulting or pole-smoking? No handguns, blackmail, 12-inch black dildos, and amyl nitrate? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Posted by Original Andrew on February 9, 2011 at 4:28 PM · Report this
sirkowski 12
Lobbyist, ew...
Posted by sirkowski http://www.missdynamite.com on February 9, 2011 at 4:33 PM · Report this
I'd hit it
Posted by brokn2pieces on February 9, 2011 at 4:35 PM · Report this
Original Andrew 14
Facebook status updated to "it's complicated."
Posted by Original Andrew on February 9, 2011 at 4:37 PM · Report this
Why did he resign? Vitter got caught in his diapers and he's still around. Ensign got caught paying off his mistress and is still in office.

There must be something else going on.
Posted by Mike in Olympia on February 9, 2011 at 4:41 PM · Report this
Fish Wrench Asteroid 16
I am in awe of the myriad ways Republicans in this country are able to combine hypocracy and stupidity.
Posted by Fish Wrench Asteroid on February 9, 2011 at 4:42 PM · Report this
svensken 17
Not bad. He would have to be the bottom and I wouldn't recip.
Posted by svensken on February 9, 2011 at 4:43 PM · Report this
heywhatsit!? 18
Wow. That was fast.
Posted by heywhatsit!? on February 9, 2011 at 4:46 PM · Report this
Farbe 19
Ditto @16. Just more proof that as class, Repubs exhibit a general stupidity level that is head slapping. Thr phrase "what was he thinking" has no relevance. There was no "thinking" in this caper.

Also agree that there must be a more compelling story unreported, so far.
Posted by Farbe on February 9, 2011 at 5:03 PM · Report this
julie russell 20
Hahah!!! I L O V E the position of his hand..."Look at me, I can jerk my pole"...Classic!!
Posted by julie russell http:// on February 9, 2011 at 5:12 PM · Report this
onion 21
yeah this can't be his first time.
Posted by onion on February 9, 2011 at 5:14 PM · Report this
COMTE 22
Actually, the shirtless pose makes him look slightly more amphibian...

@15:

Best case, being unemployed greatly reduces the amount of alimony he's going to have to pay for the next 10 or 15 years.
Posted by COMTE on February 9, 2011 at 5:18 PM · Report this
Vince 23
Another boner for Boehner!
Posted by Vince on February 9, 2011 at 5:50 PM · Report this
leek 24
seatackled: Worse than anything else revealed here is that the TPM Live Wire blogger in the link you posted casually refers to a 34-year-old as a "middle-aged woman." WTF?!!?! OH IT IS ON.
Posted by leek on February 9, 2011 at 5:59 PM · Report this
OuterCow 26
I just love seeing a Republican Congressmen openly admit to someone that his real job is being a shill for business.
Posted by OuterCow on February 9, 2011 at 7:25 PM · Report this
this guy I know in Spokane 27
It's kind of a refreshing surprise to see a sleazy married Republican politician stepping out to fool around with WOMEN. On second thought, this guy looks like he might ride both sides of the fence.

@20 - I think he's trying to make a muscle. But he still loses points for not realizing how ridiculous (and gay) that pose looks.
Posted by this guy I know in Spokane on February 9, 2011 at 9:02 PM · Report this
meggers 28
I'd like to think that if he was single, this wouldn't be such a big deal.
Posted by meggers on February 9, 2011 at 10:00 PM · Report this
Sandiai 29
"If only he had left out his face"

or his real name.
Posted by Sandiai on February 9, 2011 at 11:20 PM · Report this
Last of the Time Lords 30
His body isn't that bad for a guy pushing 50. Though, being a straight guy he doesn't understand that you do shirtless in briefs, boxers or jeans...the slacks really are annoying.

Oh and his face is fucking ugly as hell.
Posted by Last of the Time Lords on February 10, 2011 at 2:51 AM · Report this
seatackled 31
@24

leek: I was going to mention that, too. It seemed weird that she was described as middle-aged, but I didn't see where I first read it when I went back to skim, and then I got distracted by something shiny on the internet.
Posted by seatackled on February 10, 2011 at 5:31 AM · Report this
rodolfo 32
I'd fuck him. He's exactly my type.

Rodolfo makes no apologies for his lack of taste or shame.
Posted by rodolfo on February 10, 2011 at 7:11 AM · Report this