Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Man Takes a Picture of His Killer

Posted by on Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 11:54 AM

It's New Year's Day, and a man is taking a photo of his family. But a man in the photo is about to take a shot at him.

Picture_10.png

What we see in the picture is the last thing Reynaldo Dagsa, a Manila politician, saw in his life. After that—nothing.

Holy shit. Plus, hey, your link's broken there. You mean this one?
Posted by gloomy gus on January 4, 2011 at 12:05 PM · Report this
Canuck 2
That's so spooky, God. It makes me think of the early days of forensic science, when they thought they could look at a dead man's eyes, and somehow see the reflection of his killer...guess they were justing waiting for digital cameras.
Posted by Canuck on January 4, 2011 at 12:08 PM · Report this
What would Sontag have said?
Posted by Jen Graves on January 4, 2011 at 12:11 PM · Report this
Dee 4
Interestingly, the thought that sticks with me is how can you kill a man in front of his daughter?
Posted by Dee on January 4, 2011 at 12:37 PM · Report this
very bad homo 5
I hope he had time to post it to Facebook before he died.
Posted by very bad homo on January 4, 2011 at 12:55 PM · Report this
warreno 6
Wow. And the person on the right in the background seems to see it coming, too. Wonder what was going through his mind.
Posted by warreno http://www.nightwares.com on January 4, 2011 at 1:18 PM · Report this
lark 7
Charles,
Wow, that is pretty surreal and most unfortunate. I wonder if the Philippnes is a gun-crazy country? Seriously? I know the government is fighting an armed Islamicist movement. But, I do wonder if the country also has substantial gun violence. What would be the motive for this particular killing? Bloody sad.
Posted by lark on January 4, 2011 at 1:20 PM · Report this
emor 8
@6

That man is the assassin's spotter. I read that in the news article.
Posted by emor on January 4, 2011 at 1:58 PM · Report this
danhowes 9
I nominate this for photo of the year.
Posted by danhowes http://www.vimeo.com/danhowes on January 4, 2011 at 5:14 PM · Report this