Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Officewatch 2010: The Final Day/This Is What My Mind Feels Like Right Now

Posted by on Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 9:49 AM

I can't believe it's been two weeks.

mackro 1
Well, for those of you worried about Bloomberg being an Obama spoiler in 2012, rest ye worries.
Posted by mackro http://mackro.blogspot.com on December 28, 2010 at 9:54 AM · Report this
the duster 2
I like that multiple people are yelling at them. Would not happen in Seattle.
Posted by the duster on December 28, 2010 at 10:50 AM · Report this
COMTE 3
Bloomberg has nothing to worry about, since clearly this is a once-in-a-lifetime aberration, because, as we hear over-and-over from those newly arrived in Seattle, this sort of thing ONLY happens HERE when we get hit with highly unusual winter weather patterns.
Posted by COMTE on December 28, 2010 at 10:53 AM · Report this
despicable me 4
Bumper cars New York style!
Posted by despicable me on December 28, 2010 at 11:11 AM · Report this
Westlake, son! 5
Seeing this makes me feel better about all the haters in the car vs. bicycle threads. Larger vehicles always do stupid shit smaller vehicles, good to know.
Posted by Westlake, son! on December 28, 2010 at 11:32 AM · Report this
Gratuitous underwear shots, nice!
Posted by carnivorous chicken on December 28, 2010 at 11:34 AM · Report this
Phoebe on NE 79th 7
I would relish being the plaintiff's attorney -- with this video as exhibit A.
Posted by Phoebe on NE 79th on December 28, 2010 at 11:50 AM · Report this
Sargon Bighorn 8
It's like that monster car stuff in slow slow painful slow slow motion.

#2 of course it would not happen in seattle. We'd blame the police.
Posted by Sargon Bighorn on December 28, 2010 at 1:21 PM · Report this
The cost to the city of a backhoe stuck out of work during a blizzard is lower than the insurance cost to repair the snowbound vehicles. I'd have gleefully ordered the same thing.
Posted by gloomy gus on December 28, 2010 at 1:49 PM · Report this
Beetlecat 10
gloomy_gus: do you mean the opposite? And that you would massively inconvenience someone to simply save the city --not even yourself --a few bucks?

Posted by Beetlecat on December 28, 2010 at 2:11 PM · Report this
@10, I am a terribly fierce person when playing Queen for a Day like this, so in a snowed in city, if I were in charge of getting all the backhoes from everywhere in order to clear the way for emergency vehicles and such, I would gladly, gladly smash in some unattended snowed-in SUVs if they were in the way and there were only a couple guys on a tow truck free to do the job.
Posted by gloomy gus on December 28, 2010 at 2:36 PM · Report this
Perhaps he left a note.
Posted by Senor Guy on December 28, 2010 at 2:39 PM · Report this
Canuck 13
Terribly fierce? Sheesh, gus, you haven't even said hi today, that's more than fierce, it's just cruel...I think I might even go have a little cry... :(
Posted by Canuck on December 28, 2010 at 3:01 PM · Report this
Canuck, I hadn't seen you here to say hello to yet! Hello, hello! To make up for my lapse I promise always to check to see if you're in any SUV before I decide to crush it.

If that's not a declaration of strong affection I don't know what is.
Posted by gloomy gus on December 28, 2010 at 3:34 PM · Report this
Canuck 15
Gus, I am indeed reassured by your reluctance to crush me with a backhoe, it makes me all warm and fuzzy! Obviously, it is just not a proper day on slog if I haven't had a "good morn!" from you, sigh... (Now I have revealed myself as a clingy blogger...O, the shame!)
Posted by Canuck on December 28, 2010 at 4:44 PM · Report this
Canuck, feel no shame - hold your head up! I'm clingy online myself and waste all too much energy pretending otherwise.
Posted by gloomy gus on December 28, 2010 at 5:15 PM · Report this
The underwear shot was the best part, And the sexy feet.
Posted by catballou on December 28, 2010 at 5:31 PM · Report this