and Drunks

1285963883-photo.jpg

1205001547.jpg

Jim_Morrison_pardon_jpg_200x472_q85.jpg

1290066717-spd_kick_via_kiro.jpg

1213001756.jpg

bike-bear.jpg

We have been here two weeks, and I haven't felt like writing before, since that first day.
I am sitting by the window now, up in this atrocious nursery, and there is nothing to hinder my writing as much as I please, save lack of strength.

samktg 1
Brissey's lost it, really completely lost it.
Posted by samktg on December 26, 2010 at 12:18 AM · Report this
So strange, that lack of strength.
Posted by MUSTACHE_HARVEST on December 26, 2010 at 1:04 AM · Report this
Wasteroo 3
what in the fuck
Posted by Wasteroo http://soundcloud.com/comancheclub on December 26, 2010 at 1:27 AM · Report this
TotesFierce 4
where am i?
Posted by TotesFierce http://fag4life.com on December 26, 2010 at 1:45 AM · Report this
yup. he's crazy.
Posted by UNPAID COMMENTER on December 26, 2010 at 1:54 AM · Report this
or maybe it's just mudede...
Posted by Celebrandy on December 26, 2010 at 2:09 AM · Report this
OuterCow 7
I'm definitely not on enough drugs to make this post make sense, which makes me sad.
Posted by OuterCow on December 26, 2010 at 2:12 AM · Report this
Uuuuhhhhhh ????
Posted by Mobsy on December 26, 2010 at 4:29 AM · Report this
dear grant brissey:

I think you're my favourite person in the world right now. You've made christmas so much more interesting and alcohol infused.
Posted by terrierchica http://terrierchica.blogspot.com on December 26, 2010 at 4:43 AM · Report this
Fifty-Two-Eighty 10
I guess this means he's still alive at least.
Posted by Fifty-Two-Eighty http://www.nra.org on December 26, 2010 at 5:21 AM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 11
Will someone turn on the coffee maker and start writing some SLOG articles for 26 Dec?

Ok, I have to go to Frys and get a diNovo mini.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on December 26, 2010 at 8:25 AM · Report this
seandr 12
My thoughts exactly.
Posted by seandr on December 26, 2010 at 9:23 AM · Report this
samktg 13
@10, if you can call it alive.
Posted by samktg on December 26, 2010 at 10:16 AM · Report this
Puty 14
Uh oh.
Posted by Puty on December 26, 2010 at 10:23 AM · Report this
sirkowski 15
What is this I don't even
Posted by sirkowski http://www.missdynamite.com on December 26, 2010 at 10:36 AM · Report this
TVDinner 16
Absinthe is the only viable explanation.
Posted by TVDinner http:// on December 26, 2010 at 10:47 AM · Report this
care bear 17
Does your office have yellow wallpaper?
Posted by care bear on December 26, 2010 at 10:50 AM · Report this
despicable me 18
My condolences to your poor demented, delusional, disease addled mind, Grant. May it rest in peace.
Posted by despicable me on December 26, 2010 at 11:03 AM · Report this
Puty 19
@Sirkowski: Absinthe might be the only viable treatment.
Posted by Puty on December 26, 2010 at 11:23 AM · Report this
samktg 20
1. Canterbury Tales woodcut, 1484
2. Map of Christmas Island (home of the ever disconcerting Coconut Crab)
3. Fat Mo'ai Kavakava, from Easter Island
4. French Explorer Alphonse Pinart Introduced to 'Queen Mother' Koreto of Easter Island and Her Daughters
5. ??? St. Peter's Cross made from posters applied to a plywood wall
6. Somewhere in Seattle on Christmas?
7. Mugshot of Jim Morrison, Sep. 20, 1970
8. Was this in The Stranger earlier?
9. I-5 on Christmas Eve?
10. Trained bear on a motorcycle
11. The Yellow Wallpaper b Charlotte Perkins Gilman

Perhaps there is some logic in the earlier pictures, but it's gone by the time we reach Jim Morrison.
Posted by samktg on December 26, 2010 at 11:34 AM · Report this
flippingthroughrecords 21
Four Loko flashbacks? @Puty I agree, someone please send Grant a bottle of absinthe and quickly!
Posted by flippingthroughrecords on December 26, 2010 at 11:37 AM · Report this
care bear 22
@20 Number five is or was on the wall across the street. I think six and nine were traffic reports.
Posted by care bear on December 26, 2010 at 11:41 AM · Report this
Baconcat 23
Secret love note to me, but I say no. I reject Grant.
Posted by Baconcat on December 26, 2010 at 11:52 AM · Report this
samktg 24
@Baconcat, are you secretly Grant's logic and sanity and lover?
Posted by samktg on December 26, 2010 at 12:02 PM · Report this
Happy Boxing Day all.

@20, 22 I think number six is just a pan-up of the Traffic Report perspective from Grant's window - and nine Grant published the night before Christmas Eve, if I recall correctly.

Eight did get published in the Stranger - it's a still from that Second Ave convenience store video in which the fellow with his hands up is about to get kicked in the balls and all over by the undercover cop walking in that door, who'd mistaken him for another after-hours habitue of that block he'd been chasing.

I had no idea about the others - beautifully done @20!
Posted by gloomy gus on December 26, 2010 at 12:11 PM · Report this
venomlash 26
This is starting to sound like "1408" meets "The Yellow Wallpaper".
Posted by venomlash on December 26, 2010 at 2:02 PM · Report this
I kept expecting to get Mudede'd, but there was no payoff!
Posted by Monty on December 26, 2010 at 3:58 PM · Report this
Puty 28
Sorry, that should've read @TVDinner.
Posted by Puty on December 26, 2010 at 7:31 PM · Report this
merry 29
I'm def late to this party, but had to pop in to say:

that this post is:

my verr favrite Slog post E.V.A.R.
Posted by merry on December 27, 2010 at 11:47 AM · Report this