Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Officewatch 2010™: Images from an Empty Office

Posted by on Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 3:04 PM

It's still pleasantly quiet here, although the sound of the downstairs door closing woke me to a nearly finished bottle of bourbon and my head on page four Canterbury Tales. My curiosity has not yet driven me to begin rifling through colleagues' desk drawers. In the meantime, please enjoy these photos of an empty office:

News Department
  • The news department.

The sales department (Third floor).
  • The sales department (Third floor).

Some guys desk.
  • Some guy's desk.

The web department.
  • The web department.

Empty hallway with beer can.
  • Empty hallway with beer can.

Canuck 1
Cool! I want to visit and bring donuts, straighten up all those loose electrical cords, and string up some little blinking mini-lights...but I will probably just content myself with speculating about what the posters say.
Posted by Canuck on December 22, 2010 at 3:31 PM · Report this
What's with all the lights being on in the sales department? Think green.

Have a happy holiday season my friend. I too am the one left to guard the office. Ours won't empty out until Thursday afternoon though.
Posted by PaulBarwick on December 22, 2010 at 3:31 PM · Report this
I'm 85 Years Old 3
The sales dept looks depressing.
Posted by I'm 85 Years Old on December 22, 2010 at 3:31 PM · Report this
heywhatsit!? 4
The whole goddamn place looks depressing.
Posted by heywhatsit!? on December 22, 2010 at 3:39 PM · Report this
Fnarf 5
The whole goddamn place looks like a death trap. Rickety and shabby all around. I wouldn't trust those chairs or those dividers or especially that fire hazard torchiere lamp. And I definitely wouldn't want to be caught in that hallway with a Stranger staffer around.

Paper comes out looking good, though, so I guess it's OK.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on December 22, 2010 at 3:44 PM · Report this
It's grim-looking, but lovely people make lovely things happen there. That makes up for a decor budget that's lower than the monthly moorage fee for Keck's smaller boat.
Posted by gloomy gus on December 22, 2010 at 3:45 PM · Report this
care bear 7
Is the fax machine on?
Posted by care bear on December 22, 2010 at 3:52 PM · Report this
Gurldoggie 8
I'm kinda surprised by how much Tea Party propaganda you have around. Is that some kind of irony thing? Or are you all further right wing than we realized? Either way it kind of bums me out - like those freaks who put pictures of serial killers or Augusto Pinochet on their walls 'cause they think it's funny.
Posted by Gurldoggie http://gurldogg.blogspot.com on December 22, 2010 at 3:53 PM · Report this
Great minds think alike, Care Bear.
Posted by RL is too lazy to log in on December 22, 2010 at 4:06 PM · Report this
emma's bee 10
Word, @8. Plus, they all loved Luby. I'm worried for our little newsroom that could.
Posted by emma's bee on December 22, 2010 at 4:17 PM · Report this
Simone 11
If I had a cubicle like that I would take someone else's walls and turn mine into a cabin thingy.
Posted by Simone on December 22, 2010 at 4:18 PM · Report this
Josh Bomb 12
@11 or put in a loft.
Posted by Josh Bomb http://www.satanosphere.com on December 22, 2010 at 4:43 PM · Report this
TVDinner 13
Is that a bust of Lenin on Some Guy's Desk?
Posted by TVDinner http:// on December 22, 2010 at 5:24 PM · Report this
disintegrator 14
Is that a monorail poster?

Someone's still sore over that, eh?
Posted by disintegrator on December 22, 2010 at 5:53 PM · Report this
coolio 15
#12 We have a loft, Its just not pictured.
Posted by coolio on December 23, 2010 at 11:04 AM · Report this
Josh Bomb 16
@13, in your cubicle?!? superb. loft party!
Posted by Josh Bomb http://www.satanosphere.com on December 23, 2010 at 1:58 PM · Report this