Friday, December 10, 2010

"Where'd My Strangercrombie Donor Badge Go?"

Posted by on Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Here is one of Fnarf's comments from Tuesday:

Fnarf_Comment_2010-12-07_at_3.37.17_PM.png

Here is one of Fnarf's comments from today:

Screen_shot_2010-12-10_at_11.58.40_AM.png

You will notice that the Strangercrombie Donor badge is no longer there. In fact, the badges have been removed from everyone's comment handles. But don't fret! If you donated to last year's Strangercrombie, you will always have the badge, forever and ever, on your MyStrangerFace profile page, like so:

Screen_shot_2010-12-10_at_11.58.25_AM.png

And we have started giving out new badges for donors to this year's Strangercrombie auction! Last of the Time Lords is the first to get a badge, which looks like this:

Screen_shot_2010-12-10_at_11.34.53_AM.png

To get your badge, all you have to do is give more than $20 to this year's Strangercrombie charities, either by winning a package in the auction or by donating cash directly to Strangercrombie, and then e-mailing your Paypal receipt to strangercrombie@thestranger.com with your comment name. Everybody knows that a Strangercrombie Donor badge makes your comments exactly 79% more legitimate, so open those wallets and earn your credibility the way everyone else does—by buying it!

Canuck 1
You forgot to add, "Except if you're Canadian! Because your money has loons and shit on it, and Paypal don't want that stuff..." or something...sigh, I was really looking forward to 79% more legitimate comments...
Posted by Canuck on December 10, 2010 at 12:28 PM · Report this
Fox in Socks 2
Badges?
Posted by Fox in Socks on December 10, 2010 at 12:28 PM · Report this
Cienna Madrid 3
@1, I really did forward your concern to our web edit team, which is more than just a sock on my hand. I'll let you know what they say.
Posted by Cienna Madrid on December 10, 2010 at 12:33 PM · Report this
Posted by Joe Szilagyi http://twitter.com/joeszi on December 10, 2010 at 12:33 PM · Report this
Canuck 5
@3 Always the bridesmaid, never the bride...sigh.
Posted by Canuck on December 10, 2010 at 12:36 PM · Report this
Fifty-Two-Eighty 6
Paypal? You expect us to give our business to those scumsucking assholes?
Posted by Fifty-Two-Eighty http://www.nra.org on December 10, 2010 at 12:39 PM · Report this
Paul Constant 7
@4: Thanks! Fixed.
Posted by Paul Constant http://https://twitter.com/paulconstant on December 10, 2010 at 12:42 PM · Report this
Anthony Hecht 8
@1 - Can you try again using the link below?

We removed the need for a shipping address, which will hopefully let you through.

Posted by Anthony Hecht on December 10, 2010 at 12:49 PM · Report this
Canuck, you could always claim to not wish to publicize your kindnesses.
Posted by gloomy gus on December 10, 2010 at 12:50 PM · Report this
That said, I'm getting my goddam badge ASAP.
Posted by gloomy gus on December 10, 2010 at 12:52 PM · Report this
Canuck 11
@8 Doh! Just tried again, this is what it says:
"This recipient does not accept payments from non-U.S. PayPal accounts."

Oh gus, I just wanted to be one of the cool kids...but seriously, it won't even process the donation, it's a Log Cabin Conspiracy!
Posted by Canuck on December 10, 2010 at 12:54 PM · Report this
Dee 12
How much for a "Stranger Staff" badge? Actually, that would make a good charity auction item, haha.
Posted by Dee on December 10, 2010 at 12:55 PM · Report this
Canuck 13
@10 Slut.
Posted by Canuck on December 10, 2010 at 12:56 PM · Report this
"Slut with a Badge", I think you mean.
Posted by gloomy gus on December 10, 2010 at 1:00 PM · Report this
despicable me 15
I just sent my receipt. Do I get one of Dan's brownies or something?
Posted by despicable me on December 10, 2010 at 1:01 PM · Report this
@1, 11: WHAT? Oh damn. I didn't even know we couldn't donate. That bloooows. Fingers crossed you guys get this fixed.
Posted by Gloria on December 10, 2010 at 1:02 PM · Report this
Canuck 17
@14 Beyotch!
Posted by Canuck on December 10, 2010 at 1:05 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 18
Canuck, maybe they can set up a "Canadian" badge for you. That comes with a certain cachet that an American Paypal account can't buy you.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on December 10, 2010 at 1:15 PM · Report this
Canuck 19
That's sounds awesome, MacCrocodile...maybe a little flag next to mine, at least...because, I just tried again, and it worked!!

Go for it, Gloria!

So, gus, you aren't the only fancypants in town NOW...Hah!
Posted by Canuck on December 10, 2010 at 1:20 PM · Report this
Meags 20
I never got my badge last year. But I wore an invisible badge of pride on my heart, which was nearly as good. Oh but I'm getting that motherfucker this year. IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO.
Posted by Meags on December 10, 2010 at 1:20 PM · Report this
Canuck, you beat me to it, you peed on my Fluevogs!
Posted by gloomy gus on December 10, 2010 at 1:32 PM · Report this
despicable me 22
Ooh, cool. You can tell who the suck ups are now! LOL
Posted by despicable me on December 10, 2010 at 1:36 PM · Report this
Joe Szilagyi 23
@7, cheers, thanks!
Posted by Joe Szilagyi http://twitter.com/joeszi on December 10, 2010 at 1:41 PM · Report this
Canuck 24
I would nevah!! And glad you caught up, the universe was all out of whack for a minute there...twin brain re-established, whew.
Posted by Canuck on December 10, 2010 at 1:42 PM · Report this
Canuck 25
@22 You say "suck" like it's a bad thing... ;0
Posted by Canuck on December 10, 2010 at 1:44 PM · Report this
Beetlecat 26
Could the web designer do something about the formatting though? the donor badge floats around in the bottom-ish, right-ish corner like a drunk with the spins.
Posted by Beetlecat on December 10, 2010 at 1:54 PM · Report this
I'm mixed about the Paypal thing too. How about we just send a check?
Posted by gnossos on December 10, 2010 at 1:54 PM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 28
Fnarf himself said it a while back, he does sorta own you bitches!
Posted by Urgutha Forka on December 10, 2010 at 1:56 PM · Report this
leek 29
How sad is it that after a year with no donor badge, I felt like I really NEEDED one this year? I never knew I was such a lemming.
Posted by leek on December 10, 2010 at 1:57 PM · Report this
Anthony Hecht 30
@11 - Dang. Sorry. Finally dug up the setting deep in PayPal that was preventing non-US donations and we've changed it. Try again (again)?
Posted by Anthony Hecht on December 10, 2010 at 2:59 PM · Report this
Just donated too, and a sec later got a reply and a badge. Nicely done.

Also, OMG MEGAN SPOKE TO ME
Posted by Gloria on December 10, 2010 at 3:48 PM · Report this
Cynic Romantic 32
Sorry, too little money, too many people to help :)
Posted by Cynic Romantic on December 10, 2010 at 6:59 PM · Report this
despicable me 33
Canuck, not suck in the bad way suck, but suck in the good way suck.

Wait...
Posted by despicable me on December 10, 2010 at 10:15 PM · Report this
Canuck 34
You got it, despicable me! But an etiquette question: Does a suck-up Strangercrombie Donor spit or swallow?
Posted by Canuck on December 10, 2010 at 10:59 PM · Report this
despicable me 35
I don't see any reason why one couldn't do both. It just depends on their mood.
Posted by despicable me on December 11, 2010 at 11:03 AM · Report this
kk in seattle 36
Not true. I donated last year but was never recognized.
Posted by kk in seattle on December 11, 2010 at 4:00 PM · Report this
Catalina Vel-DuRay 37
Is it OK if I call mine a brooch?
Posted by Catalina Vel-DuRay http://www.danlangdon.com on December 15, 2010 at 6:26 PM · Report this