and Drunks

Thursday, November 18, 2010

What Happened After Glenn Beck and I Decided To Go Get Pregnant

Posted by on Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 10:46 AM

becksavage.jpg

Glenn Beck has a new book out and a lot folks think the cover art for Glenn's new book—a picture of Glenn, Glenn's co-author, and a little boy whose face Glenn is about to chew off—makes Glenn's new book look like a memoir about a gay couple adopting a kid together. That's Glenn's book on the left, above, and the cover of the memoir I wrote about a gay couple adopting a kid together on the right. What happened after our art director decided to take the cover text from my book and put it together with the cover art from Glenn's book... after the jump...

glenn-b-2.jpg

Totally works, huh?

very bad homo 1
I wouldn't trust him around a kid!
Posted by very bad homo on November 18, 2010 at 10:54 AM · Report this
BEAUTIFUL!
Posted by ianbnyc on November 18, 2010 at 10:54 AM · Report this
Fnarf 3
I'm laughing!
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on November 18, 2010 at 10:57 AM · Report this
emma's bee 4
Ugh, though...who has to be Beck--you or Terry?
Posted by emma's bee on November 18, 2010 at 11:00 AM · Report this
BEG 5
Ha ha!

I wouldn't do that to a kid, though o.O

Nor cast either of you as Beck!
Posted by BEG http://twitter.com/#!/browneyedgirl65 on November 18, 2010 at 11:01 AM · Report this
Vince 6
HA! Good way to get your book out there!
Posted by Vince on November 18, 2010 at 11:01 AM · Report this
@4- I'd think that the author would be the one looking at the camera and the BF would be holding the kid, which means Terry gets the... um, honor.

That's one of the worst book covers ever. It just doesn't fit. Why is the other guy just standing there? Having a kid is one wonder, OK, so... going bald is another? Or is it pink shirts with gray sweaters?
Posted by S-Lo on November 18, 2010 at 11:03 AM · Report this
Sketch 8
Well, I've read "The Kid" (though I'd never seen the cover since I got it via Kindle), and I have no intention of reading Beck's book, but if I saw it with THAT text I totally would. Clearly, you have better marketing staff.
Posted by Sketch on November 18, 2010 at 11:15 AM · Report this
Ratatoskr 9
Hahahahaha
Posted by Ratatoskr on November 18, 2010 at 11:17 AM · Report this
Right after this picture was taken, Glenn ate that child.
Posted by Proteus on November 18, 2010 at 11:20 AM · Report this
OutInBumF 11
I wouldn't let that psycho, religious, fundy creepazoid Glenn Beck within two blocks of any kid. We'll be reading about him getting his luggage lifted one day, mark my words. I just hope that no minor is inflicted with the Beck...[shudders and vomits slightly in mouth].
Posted by OutInBumF on November 18, 2010 at 11:23 AM · Report this
starsandgarters 12
Tom Colicchio??
Posted by starsandgarters on November 18, 2010 at 11:23 AM · Report this
biffster 13
You'd probably get in trouble, but you should print stickers of your book title to be stuck on Glenn's book.
Posted by biffster on November 18, 2010 at 11:25 AM · Report this
saxfanatic 14
The composition of that cover shot makes Keith Ablow, M.D. come across as some kind of nefarious puppet-master.
Posted by saxfanatic on November 18, 2010 at 11:30 AM · Report this
The kid looks a bit like DJ at that age.
Posted by Chicago Fan on November 18, 2010 at 11:31 AM · Report this
Why didn't Beck wear that cute outfit from the cover of his last book? That'd look really good when he's holding the kid. Baron von Baldy behind him would also look good in one of the mock-SS outfits.
Posted by tiktok on November 18, 2010 at 11:35 AM · Report this
No child deserves Glenn Beck for a father.
Posted by mitten on November 18, 2010 at 11:43 AM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 18
The thought of Glen Beck that close to ANY child is horrifying.
Posted by Reverse Polarity on November 18, 2010 at 11:45 AM · Report this
despicable me 19
@5 BEG, @17 mitten and @18 RP have it correct. Totally not cool to mess a good kid up because of this asshole! He should have a restraining order against him for all kids everywhere.
Posted by despicable me on November 18, 2010 at 11:54 AM · Report this
Fnarf 20
@13, that's a great idea.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on November 18, 2010 at 11:56 AM · Report this
@13, @20 - Yes, please do the stickers.
Posted by jen on November 18, 2010 at 12:07 PM · Report this
I think this will be GB's 8th book in the last 2 years. Wow her can really crank them out!
Posted by Ken Mehlman on November 18, 2010 at 12:16 PM · Report this
samanthaf63 23
I would laugh if anyone but you told me to read it a different way. That is bizarre. I guess someone at the publishing house is having a big laugh about selling his joke concept. (Although it would have genuinely made a lovely cover if Dan and his husband had been on the cover in the same pose with their kid. But then someone would have said it was "too gay" and banned it.)
Posted by samanthaf63 on November 18, 2010 at 12:23 PM · Report this
Oh Dan...you should be ashamed of yourself. Glenn's cover was so much gayer than yours...
Posted by Who's the Real Queen Around Here? on November 18, 2010 at 12:32 PM · Report this
Brilliant!
Posted by Otto Toot Otto on November 18, 2010 at 12:33 PM · Report this
@14: Good point. And where is Dr. Keith's left hand, and why is Glenn laughing so hard?
Posted by Reach Around...for Morality on November 18, 2010 at 12:36 PM · Report this
Brilliant!
Posted by Otto Toot Otto on November 18, 2010 at 12:36 PM · Report this
BEG 28
@23 That's actually it in a nutshell :-P

Am *still* trying to figure out the point of the cover though. Why both of them on there? It does imply some kind of relationship (apart from coauthoring). If not sexual then... patient/therapist? What? What were they trying to communicate with that picture???

Really like the stickers idea.

Actually, you should also do a run of stickers with you and Terry to stick on your own book :-) That will help erase the Glenn visual -- do it for the health of your readers!
Posted by BEG http://twitter.com/#!/browneyedgirl65 on November 18, 2010 at 12:55 PM · Report this
He's grabbing that little boy's ass. Good thing he's rolling dude heavy.
Posted by dwight moody on November 18, 2010 at 1:31 PM · Report this
despicable me 30
I've been wondering all day how much GB had to pay the parents of that boy to let him hold him for that picture and put on his book.

I do understand though if they did it to put the money in his college fund.
Posted by despicable me on November 18, 2010 at 2:07 PM · Report this
LaCharlotte 31
But you and Terry are so much more attractive! And I mean that in the least creepiest way.
Posted by LaCharlotte on November 18, 2010 at 2:24 PM · Report this
@31- Calling someone more attractive than Glenn Beck isn't creepy. It might be construed as damning with faint praise.
Posted by dwight moody on November 18, 2010 at 2:31 PM · Report this
His last book came out literally 27 days ago and he already has another?
Posted by jath on November 18, 2010 at 3:05 PM · Report this
Wait... my math was wrong. It was 25 days ago. I apologize for my gross inaccuracy!
Posted by jath on November 18, 2010 at 3:07 PM · Report this
Lose-Lose 35
Yes, stickers! do it! do it!
Posted by Lose-Lose on November 18, 2010 at 3:11 PM · Report this
venomlash 36
EXPLAIN THIS BULLSHIT.
Posted by venomlash on November 18, 2010 at 4:08 PM · Report this
samktg 37
Gotta make the stickers happen now. I want to see Glenn Beck crying on tv because a bunch of homo-liberal commie-nazis vandalized his book.
Posted by samktg on November 18, 2010 at 4:11 PM · Report this
Hilarious!
Posted by AnniePdx on November 18, 2010 at 5:10 PM · Report this
I love even more that the MD's name is ABLOW
Posted by kvs920 on November 18, 2010 at 6:06 PM · Report this
How many books has Beck sold?
Posted by How many has Dan? on November 18, 2010 at 6:09 PM · Report this
I loved The Kid and still want to know what happened to Dan & Terry's baby mama. Has Dan ever updated us?
Posted by Susan on November 18, 2010 at 6:09 PM · Report this
@41- Dropped off the face of the Earth, if I recall correctly.
Posted by dwight moody on November 18, 2010 at 6:11 PM · Report this
This only encourages my fantasy hate fuck.
Posted by Odd Attractions on November 18, 2010 at 6:24 PM · Report this
Glenn and his "co-author" are quite a cute couple ;)
Posted by JerkFace on November 18, 2010 at 6:40 PM · Report this
Ew! He's repulsive.
Posted by anaisninja on November 18, 2010 at 7:06 PM · Report this
BEG 46
We're slipping if it took us 39 comments to realize the name of Beck's coauthor. Seriously??? *facepalm*

OK, I just had to check. But yeah. For real: This title will be released on January 4…
Posted by BEG http://twitter.com/#!/browneyedgirl65 on November 18, 2010 at 8:48 PM · Report this
Simone 47
HA! HA!

ABLOW, what a silly name.
Posted by Simone on November 18, 2010 at 9:24 PM · Report this
Rach3l 48
Beck's original cover is the gayest book cover I have EVER seen.

Except of course for the cover of Gay Cookbook. That was a picometer gayer than Beck's idea.
Posted by Rach3l on November 19, 2010 at 3:46 AM · Report this
Rach3l 49
THE GUY'S LAST NAME IS FUCKING ABLOW

A
BLOW

aauauughgh!!!
Posted by Rach3l on November 19, 2010 at 3:47 AM · Report this
A little disappointed that they didn't add your head to the other guy's body.
Posted by elizaj on November 19, 2010 at 4:41 AM · Report this
A little disappointed that they didn't add your head to the other guy's body.
Posted by elizaj on November 19, 2010 at 4:42 AM · Report this
Glenn Beck actually has three daughters, one of whom has cerebral palsy, and an adopted son (who, I believe, is of color).
Posted by Jessica Hurst on November 19, 2010 at 11:08 AM · Report this
@33, 34

Surely you're not suggesting that Glen Beck doesn't write all his own books!
Next, you'll be claiming that Sarah Palin doesn't write her books, either!

You must be part of the liberal media consipiracy.
Posted by Clayton on November 20, 2010 at 5:55 AM · Report this
Cherry Pirate 54
The question here is: Who babysat Glenn's kid while he wrote all these books!?

Oh right, more like, who wrote all these books while Glenn thumbed his asshole to chalk board sketches
Posted by Cherry Pirate on November 20, 2010 at 8:23 AM · Report this
Keith Ablow's expression seems to being saying, "This isn't what we talked about in the meeting..."
Posted by LiviaScott http://youtube.com/LiveAndLetLivia on November 20, 2010 at 12:37 PM · Report this
Ablow used to have a Dr. Phil type show that was decent by daytime network TV standards.
Posted by poerba on November 21, 2010 at 12:14 AM · Report this
I just read a book on Glenn Beck (a biography, not his autobiography) and sadly, Glenn Beck has 4 children, 2 from his first marriage, 2 from his current marriage.

I wish I could remember the name of the book, but it did a pretty good job of breaking down exactly why Glenn Beck is a scourge upon this earth and an assault against good taste.

Nevertheless, a man who called, on air, the wife of a rival who recently had a miscarriage to mock her, show never be allowed access to another child ever again.
Posted by Staoge06 on November 21, 2010 at 12:45 PM · Report this