Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Today in GAHHHHH! For the Love of Christ HOLD ON, YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!!

Posted by on Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM

You know what? I don't understand why people do ANYTHING. And I especially don't understand why three idiots climbed to the tippity top of the tallest skyscraper in the world, videotaped themselves and posted it to YouTube so the poop that was in my colon would squirt into my underpants. And I especially, ESPECIALLY don't understand why one of these goddamn fucking morons ISN'T EVEN HOLDING ON. Hold on, you goddamn fucking moron!! (Oh, sweet Christ... I feel faint.)

via

Some people have no fear. These people are rare because evolutionary pressure has weeded them out over time.
Posted by balmonter on November 9, 2010 at 1:24 PM · Report this
I was hoping someone would almost fall. That was boring.
Posted by sall on November 9, 2010 at 1:38 PM · Report this
I got so queasy watching that.
Posted by hominidX on November 9, 2010 at 1:48 PM · Report this
aardvark 4
cool theres a shisha at the tippy top
Posted by aardvark on November 9, 2010 at 2:00 PM · Report this
COMTE 5
Seriously, I get the whole adrenalin-junkie need to do increasingly crazy shit in order to continue squeezing ever more bits of juice from that little gland, but things like this just make me want to toss my lunch.
Posted by COMTE on November 9, 2010 at 2:32 PM · Report this
I was hyperventilating just watching that. A little part of me was wondering if one was going to plop off of it.

My last question, how the hell did they get up there?
Posted by J-in-Tacoma on November 9, 2010 at 2:47 PM · Report this
Julie in Eugene 7
In hiking/mountaineering, you're taught to consider what the consequences of a fall are in any given situation, which helps you figure out what kind of protection to use. Sometimes you try to convince yourself it wouldn't be that bad if you fell, but.... yeah.... I think at this point, it's probably pretty unlikely that I'd ever do something where falling means a 100% certainty of death.
Posted by Julie in Eugene on November 9, 2010 at 2:53 PM · Report this
Why the fuck does every video of something high up have to be shot with a fish-eye lens? It makes it impossible to get any sense of how high it is.
Posted by Ben on November 9, 2010 at 3:01 PM · Report this
drewl 9
@7 Nicely put. I had access to the roof of Moos Tower when I worked at the U of MN. Amazing views of the river, campus and both downtowns, but I had a 3 ft wall to lean against while looking down.

On the other hand, in terms of failure = 100% chance of death, I would go for the flying wing suit BASE jumpers. That looks so fun.
Posted by drewl on November 9, 2010 at 3:20 PM · Report this
Womyn2me 10
I made it thru 25 seconds before vertigo and terror made me shut it off. jebus on toast.
Posted by Womyn2me http://http:\\www.shelleyandlaura.com on November 9, 2010 at 4:38 PM · Report this
COMTE 11
@8:

I imagine it's because most of these videos are shot with cam-phones, thus significantly reducing the amount of additional weight being hauled up the side of the cliff or building.
Posted by COMTE on November 9, 2010 at 5:05 PM · Report this
Oh goody goody! I sense an upcoming Darwin Award Winner!
Posted by montex on November 9, 2010 at 5:36 PM · Report this
Link's dead, anyone got a live one?
Posted by gdcv on November 9, 2010 at 10:02 PM · Report this
mmennonno 14
TMI on the shitting your pants.
Posted by mmennonno http://mennonnosapiens.com on November 10, 2010 at 7:54 AM · Report this