and Drunks

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Finished Product

Posted by on Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:30 AM

I wrote here a couple weeks ago about a permanent sculpture going up at the U.S./Canadian border by Stranger Geniuses Lead Pencil Studio.

It's done now, and here's a picture. It's called Non-Sign. (For more pictures, as always, friend me on Facebook.)

71606_1700692357022_1229329422_1955546_1064691_n.jpg

UPDATE: I should have added that the artists will be giving a talk called "Non-Sign and Other Apertures" at the Old Main Theater at Western Washington University in Bellingham tomorrow (Thursday, October 28), 4-5 pm.

meanie 1
whats with the facebook crap for content? Did thestranger run out of bits for the month and cant afford to post the images?
Posted by meanie http://www.spicealley.net on October 27, 2010 at 10:44 AM · Report this
Canuck 2
That is pretty cool. I wonder what it will look like in the winter, covered with frost, or if they'll allow vines to grow on it? It would be neat if they let it "naturalize", as a kind of "anti civilization" statement...

Posted by Canuck on October 27, 2010 at 10:46 AM · Report this
Fenrox 3
What the hell?!

Why do I need a facebook to hear about this beautiful piece of art?
Posted by Fenrox on October 27, 2010 at 10:48 AM · Report this
Violet_DaGrinder 4
That's very cool.
Posted by Violet_DaGrinder http://www.imeem.com/jukeboxmusic51/music/y1malqpG/prince-the-new-power-generation-featuring-eric-leeds-on-f/ on October 27, 2010 at 10:48 AM · Report this
Fenrox 5
AGH FUCK YOU JEN. I don't know what Jen Graves is you. I hate this. I am writing Lead Pencil Studios and calling them fuckheads.
Posted by Fenrox on October 27, 2010 at 10:50 AM · Report this
Yeah, a "friend me on Facebook" without an actual link to your profile makes it difficult, Jen.
Posted by Mike in Olympia on October 27, 2010 at 10:57 AM · Report this
care bear 7
Searching for Jen Graves in Seattle is too hard for y'all?

Anyway, I love that. And I like Canuck's ideas.
Posted by care bear on October 27, 2010 at 11:01 AM · Report this
Fnarf 8
Jen's FB ID is 1229329422.

This is wonderful. I was skeptical but I'm sold. It looks like it's swarming with bees.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on October 27, 2010 at 11:06 AM · Report this
@7: for it being something most people dont really care to do anyway.. yeah, it's too hard.
Posted by hereiswheremynamegoes on October 27, 2010 at 11:08 AM · Report this

I've posted 8 volumes of pictures of art on Facebook, each one with 200 pictures each, so yeah, it's too much to throw up on the Stranger's general-interest blog.
Posted by Jen Graves on October 27, 2010 at 11:12 AM · Report this
Baconcat 11
Okay, first off: request sent.

Secondly: THIS ART IS VERY GOOD ART.
Posted by Baconcat on October 27, 2010 at 11:35 AM · Report this
Josh Bis 12
I can't believe this is real! It looks amazing.

(I'm also pretty sure that uploading that many photos, one-by-one, using Slog's current technology would take more than a couple intern lifetimes.)
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on October 27, 2010 at 11:40 AM · Report this
That looks so cool!
Posted by Chester Copperpot on October 27, 2010 at 11:47 AM · Report this
Absolutely LOVE this piece. I usually avoid the Blaine border when I go to B.C. since it's so busy, but may have to make a special trip through it just to see this.
Posted by Compass Rose on October 27, 2010 at 12:17 PM · Report this
OuterCow 15
Now that is neat.
Posted by OuterCow on October 27, 2010 at 12:19 PM · Report this
Ness 16
I wanna see more pictures! Friend REQUESTED!
Posted by Ness http://www.collegecandy.com/author/nessfraser on October 27, 2010 at 12:26 PM · Report this
Ness 17
Also, I noticed this when I friend-ed Lindy... the whole Stranger Writers' cabin trip thing? Cutest fucking thing ever.
Posted by Ness http://www.collegecandy.com/author/nessfraser on October 27, 2010 at 12:29 PM · Report this
I love this
Posted by clint on October 27, 2010 at 12:33 PM · Report this
Max Solomon 19
ahm tard uv mah tackziz payin fur art ah doan lyk! impeech osama!
Posted by Max Solomon on October 27, 2010 at 1:05 PM · Report this