Tuesday, September 28, 2010

SF Says: It Gets Better

Posted by on Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Thank you, Matt, and thank you, San Francisco.

It be wonderful and inspiring to see videos just like this from Chicago, New York, Seattle, Portland, Madison, Miami, LA, Missoula, Atlanta, Kansas City, Boston, Provincetown...

View more "It Gets Better" videos at the It Gets Better Project YouTube Channel.

J-Haxx 1
I love this! Yay SF!

Great reminder that straight allies need to be OUT as such. There are more of us! We must be visible and accessible.

Posted by J-Haxx http://defyaugury.livejournal.com on September 28, 2010 at 10:49 AM · Report this
Wow! I teared up on this one.
The best part was seeing the chanting crowd. What better way to send the message, "You're not alone."
Posted by Clayton on September 28, 2010 at 10:52 AM · Report this
I love my home city. Yay SF!!!
Posted by olechka on September 28, 2010 at 10:56 AM · Report this
heywhatsit!? 4
That was awesome. Thumbs up. Reminds me that a visit to SF is long overdue.
Posted by heywhatsit!? on September 28, 2010 at 10:57 AM · Report this
Lovely. Absolutely lovely.
Posted by Chris B http://eccentric-orbit.org on September 28, 2010 at 11:00 AM · Report this
rodolfo 6
This one made me cry.
Posted by rodolfo on September 28, 2010 at 11:07 AM · Report this
BrandonC 7
These things keep making me cry!
Posted by BrandonC on September 28, 2010 at 11:18 AM · Report this
Irena 8
That's the happiest one I've seen so far! So much love and reassurance.... awesome.
Posted by Irena on September 28, 2010 at 11:20 AM · Report this
1982: My first month living in San Francisco, riding on a bus, some snotty teenager made some nasty homophobic loud-mouthed cracks. Several grownups stood up to dress him down. Besides different variations of "shame on you" I remember one man saying, "Listen up! This in SAN FRANCISCO and we don't talk like that in SAN FRANCISCO!"

Sometimes I am so proud of my new hometown!
Posted by I usually just read on September 28, 2010 at 12:00 PM · Report this
I Hate Screen Names 10
I love San Francisco.

Many years ago I was drunkenly staggering around the Castro Halloween party, back before it was overrun with thugs and subsequently shut down. At one point, some belligerent out-of-towner started shouting that "some faggot" had grabbed his ass. Everyone else pointed at him and laughed. Loudly.
Posted by I Hate Screen Names on September 28, 2010 at 12:22 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 11
So when's this happening in Seattle?
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on September 28, 2010 at 12:51 PM · Report this
That gap-toothed gal in the cape is a superstar! After seeing Matt's teaser on this I'm surprised it turned out to be a PSA, with some of them reading from the same script - and I was NOT expecting a bouncy ad-music track...I don't care, I love how he looks deeeep into the camera while shaking his head around.
Posted by gloomy gus on September 28, 2010 at 1:21 PM · Report this
I wouldn't expect less from my former hometown :-)
Posted by Lynx on September 28, 2010 at 1:57 PM · Report this
This one really got me. I'm gonna have to hide in my office until my tears recede. I am so glad this is happening.
T shirts?
Posted by good vagina on September 28, 2010 at 2:07 PM · Report this
thank you dan savage. thank you all.
Posted by you all are awesome on September 30, 2010 at 1:07 AM · Report this
This is so awesome. <3 It made me smile through my happy tears (on a bad depression day). Thank you so much.
Posted by SpaceGirl on September 30, 2010 at 11:18 AM · Report this