and Drunks

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ben's So Butch

Posted by on Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Rob Tisinai takes a run at Ben Quayle's batshitcrazy campaign ad. Original here. See if you can spot Rob's tweaks...

And Rob's excellent blog is here.

Frau Blucher 1
LOLOLOL!

Loved the "Jeffrey" reference at the end.
Posted by Frau Blucher on August 11, 2010 at 5:05 PM · Report this
Banna 2
Thanks for making me sit through that entire crapfest again for a mild chuckle at the end.
Posted by Banna http://www.ucp.org on August 11, 2010 at 5:45 PM · Report this
Very nice.
Posted by gloomy gus on August 11, 2010 at 6:14 PM · Report this
luke1249 4
Ben is too good-looking to be straight, methinks.
Posted by luke1249 on August 11, 2010 at 6:21 PM · Report this
Merlin D. Bear 5
Well, he's definitely Quayle's son.
I haven't seen that much bullshit slung with a poker (I'm not saying straight) face since 2008.
Can't say I miss it though. When does his sex tape come out?
Posted by Merlin D. Bear on August 11, 2010 at 6:22 PM · Report this
Drew in Palm Springs 6
My Perilous Toe Hold On Fame: In 1992, I disrupted a speech his father was giving to the NY Conservative Party about a week before the election. At the time, he was getting a lot of guff for having been a draft-dodger during the Viet Nam War, so I jumped up out of my chair with my fellow ACT UP co-conspirators and yelled, "When are you going to talk about AIDS, Dan? You can't dodge the AIDS Crisis, Dan!"

I have respected the Secret Service ever since, as they immediately appeared and whisked me out of there before the blood-thirsty neanderthals in the NY Conservative Party tore me limb from limb, first pausing to jovially ask me, "Are you all done or is there more?"

De tal palo, tal astilla.
Posted by Drew in Palm Springs http://singletails.blogspot.com on August 11, 2010 at 7:20 PM · Report this
saxfanatic 7
He's not just tough, he's boy band tough.
Posted by saxfanatic on August 11, 2010 at 7:25 PM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 8
Patrick Stewart should preform short little bits like that at the end of ALL political ads!!
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on August 11, 2010 at 7:37 PM · Report this
Toasterhedgehog 9
Good lord, that's the stupidest thing I've seen all day.

I mean, before the Patrick Stewart part. I love that guy.
Posted by Toasterhedgehog on August 11, 2010 at 9:42 PM · Report this
venomlash 10
@9: "Every man has a man-crush on Patrick Stewart."
--Colin Hill
Posted by venomlash on August 11, 2010 at 10:02 PM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 11
@10, It's true. I would totally gay-marry Patrick Stewart for his voice alone.

*swoon*
Posted by Reverse Polarity on August 11, 2010 at 10:31 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 12

Could Babs look any hotter than in The Owl and The Pussycat?
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on August 11, 2010 at 11:56 PM · Report this
Sandiai 13
Nerd Alert:

Patrick Stewart and his Earl Grey tea (Yum! and Yum!). And yes, that was a reference to Earl Gray the lawyer, as well.
Posted by Sandiai on August 12, 2010 at 3:05 AM · Report this
I was studiously trying to tell what was different and that ending really got me. I love Patrick Stewart!
Posted by subwlf on August 12, 2010 at 7:22 AM · Report this