Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ride the Broadway Streetcar

Posted by on Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Virtually. Via a simulation that the City of Seattle released today, and that I just uploaded to The Stranger's YouTube feed for your viewing pleasure:

Baconcat 1
Is it sad that I got all giggly and excited over this and that the only thing that could make this day perfect is if my building manager drops off my protein powder sooner than later?
Posted by Baconcat on June 30, 2010 at 11:53 AM · Report this
Will in Seattle 2
I'm the guy the streetcar ran over when I tried to go at an angle to the tracks in my fixie.

Sorry about all the blood on the streets and the moans you heard.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on June 30, 2010 at 12:12 PM · Report this
Baconcat 3
Cycletrack, Will.
Posted by Baconcat on June 30, 2010 at 12:17 PM · Report this
Fnarf 5
So, the city's broke, right? They're shutting parks and closing departments and stuff, right? But they still have seemingly infinite amounts of money for useless crap like this. I'm not talking about the streetcar, I'm talking about the cartoon of the streetcar.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on June 30, 2010 at 12:33 PM · Report this
A virtual ride past 47 nail salons, 32 sub shops, and 24 Thai joints.
Posted by gloomy gus on June 30, 2010 at 1:08 PM · Report this
very bad homo 7
@1 - yes. :)
Posted by very bad homo on June 30, 2010 at 1:18 PM · Report this
tournant 9
The six-story-tall street car that flies in the air like the Delorean in BTTF2 to turn around is gonna be so bitchin'!
Posted by tournant on June 30, 2010 at 5:52 PM · Report this
wisepunk 10
This thing is going to kill broadway. Unless all parallel traffic is banned. turning all of broadway into a streetcar line and expanding the sidewalks would be much better than this hybrid POS.
Posted by wisepunk on June 30, 2010 at 6:31 PM · Report this
DOUG. 11
Bike lanes good.
Posted by DOUG. http://www.dougsvotersguide.com on June 30, 2010 at 7:50 PM · Report this
If they don't go with 10-minute-or-better frequencies seven days a week and 19 hours a day, this will be greeted with a big, triumphant, collective "what was the point?"
Posted by d.p. on July 1, 2010 at 4:12 AM · Report this