and Drunks

Monday, May 3, 2010

Acting Parks Superintendent Has Cancer

Posted by on Mon, May 3, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Christopher Williams, who was appointed just last Thursday as the acting superintendent of Seattle Parks and Recreation, has cancer, he wrote in a letter to city employees this afternoon:

Dear Employee,

As many of you were already aware, back in 2001 I was diagnosed with cancer. I was recently informed by my physician that a more aggressive form of this cancer has returned. I must admit that I was not caught completely by surprise by this information. Being a cancer survivor, I have gotten used to looking over my shoulder.

I am currently working with my medical provider to determine the best course of treatment and consulting with my family regarding both short-term and long-term decisions. As soon as I have more information I promise to share it with you.

In the meantime, please carry on business as usual.

Christopher

Williams took the job of beleaguered former superintendent Tim Gallagher, who resigned last week. A reliable source says it's unclear if Williams will be able to stay in his position. Get well, Mr. Williams.

So who the fuck cares?

What does that letter do?
Posted by humanoutpost http://www.humanoutpost.blogspot.com on May 3, 2010 at 7:01 PM · Report this
Catalina Vel-DuRay 2
Don't be a bore, #1. My hope for you is that you'll never have to wonder "who the fuck cares" if you get a disease.

And the letter was a letter to employees, who have a right to know if their new boss is seriously ill.

Someday, when you get a real job, you will understand that.

Posted by Catalina Vel-DuRay http://www.danlangdon.com on May 3, 2010 at 7:49 PM · Report this
humanoutpost, I don't care if you die. Sooner
Posted by Whazzup on May 3, 2010 at 10:36 PM · Report this
Christopher, my heart aches to hear this news. You have been such an inspiration for so many of us, and I am devastated to hear this. As you know, I will be there for you in whatever way I can. You are a true leader, and one of the hardest working, kindest people I know. Be well!
Posted by Wendy Ceccherelli on May 4, 2010 at 9:38 AM · Report this