Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Kid Stabs Classmate With a Pen

Posted by on Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 6:05 AM

On January 21, in the early evening, Seattle police responded a call from a man who said his son was assaulted at Tops Elementary School. In a 6th period French class, a seventh grade student was harassing the man's son with threats of violence, a police report says. The suspect asked the boy "if he knew the 'pen to skull trick.'" As the 12-year-old victim turned to walk away, the other kid "held the pen in a closed fist and hit him in the head with the pen approximately five times," the report says. The victim told police that he was kicked about "five times all over the lower half of his body."

The police officer looked at the pen-inflicted wound to see "small mark with dried blood," the officer wrote. The father said "it had bled more earlier." The matter is now in the school principal's hands.

starsandgarters 4
Kids are monsters. In elementary school two of my neighbors were constantly at it--one the bully, one the victim. The bully grew up to be as white trash and messed up as the rest of his family, and the victim grew up to be insanely hot.
Posted by starsandgarters on January 27, 2010 at 7:25 AM · Report this
muggims 6
TOPS is a K-8 magnet school for Seattle School District in the North end. Alot of parents I know scrambled hard to get their kids in there. It shows you crazy is everywhere.
Posted by muggims on January 27, 2010 at 8:06 AM · Report this
this guy I know in Spokane 7
Either the kid who got stabbed is gay (insert link to bogus study claiming that homosexuality causes children to seek out injuries) or the kid who did it is gay (insert link to bogus study claiming that homosexuality causes kids to be violently insane).

This is why marriage must be restricted to one man and one woman.
Posted by this guy I know in Spokane on January 27, 2010 at 8:49 AM · Report this
The pen is mightier than the sword.
Posted by steakhaus on January 27, 2010 at 9:27 AM · Report this
Fifty-Two-Eighty 9
This is further proof of how just about anything can be used as a weapon. Banning inanimate objects because they can be used as a weapon is ridiculous. We need to address the behavior.
Posted by Fifty-Two-Eighty http://www.nra.org on January 27, 2010 at 9:41 AM · Report this
Purocuyu 11
why is this in the hands of a principal? Why not the police? Do principles have legal judiciary power? I always wondered that when in high school. Why is assault in a school punished with detention after school, but assault outside of school is punished with a little time in jail? If my son were assaulted, I would not be satisfied with a principal playing judge and jury.
Posted by Purocuyu http://littlevictorygarden.tumblr.com on January 27, 2010 at 9:57 AM · Report this
Purocuyu 12
I meant "Do principals have legal...."

But you know what I meant.
Posted by Purocuyu http://littlevictorygarden.tumblr.com on January 27, 2010 at 9:58 AM · Report this
Max Solomon 13
@9: wait, wait...

are you saying that this incident further proves that schools should overturn bans on GUNS (which are inanimate objects, i've learned) or "weapons" like swiss army knives?
Posted by Max Solomon on January 27, 2010 at 1:42 PM · Report this
Fifty-Two-Eighty 14
Max, I took a knife to school with me every day when I was a kid. I know a lot of people who took their guns to school when it was hunting season. We somehow miraculously managed not to knife each other or shoot each other in the hallways. So what I'm saying is that it's not the knives and guns that are the problem, obviously, and therefore I'm not all that sure how much addressing the problem by implementing a ban actually solves that problem.
Posted by Fifty-Two-Eighty http://www.nra.org on January 27, 2010 at 1:57 PM · Report this