Strangercrombie, the nothing-else-like-it catalog of gifts that will benefit three worthy causes this year, is jam packed with amazing gifts. (The gifts are donated and 100% of proceeds go to charity.) Considering we're on six-geese-a-laying day, here are six awesome gift packages currently going for $66 or less.
• Urban Adventure! A cavalcade of adventures for active types: two flying trapeze classes, courtesy of Emerald City Trapeze in South Seattle; an hour of rock climbing and two gift certificates for two-person pro-belays at Stone Gardens in Ballard; a four-week class in rowing with Lake Union Crew; and two yoga classes at the (men-only) Yoga Den. Priceless! Current highest bid: $61.BID NOW.
• Buy Last Days! David Schmader devotes a whole week of his infamous column Last Days to describing seven days of your life, to run in The Stranger's January 21 issue. Priceless! Current highest bid: $31. BID NOW.
• Corianton Hale Makes an Award-Winning Design for Your Band! Do you need a logo? A poster? Album art? Hale is the owner of the design firm Sleep Op, former art director of The Stranger, and the best designer in the city. He designed the logo for the new Crocodile, the logo for Three Imaginary Girls, album art for Tullycraft, and the gorgeous R.E.M. book HELLO. (Yes, he designed the whole book.) Do you know how much a designer like him usually costs? Plus, this package includes Ladybug Productions screen-printing your brand-new fancy-ass logo (or whatever else you want, in one color) on 25 T-shirts in the colors and sizes of your choice. AND: Skylark Cafe will let you book a Sunday night all-ages (bar with ID) show with up to three performers where you can show off the new goods. Holy cow! Current highest bid: $66!BID NOW.
• Fun and Games! The winner of this pack receives VIP treatment at Calamity Jane's Monday Night Bingo (featuring spaghetti dinner for two and a stint as guest caller!), along with a custom-made trivia quiz written by Quiz Quiz Bang Bang founder James Callan and a set of 20 video games from PopCap Games (maker of Bejeweled 2, Plants vs. Zombies, and Insaniquarium!). Current highest bid: $31. BID NOW.
• Buy a Glowing Restaurant Review! The Stranger's notoriously hard-to-please and always enjoyable-to-read food critic Bethany Jean Clement praises the restaurant of your choice (or profiles the chef/server/busboy of your choice) in our January 21 issue. Clement's food essays have appeared in Best Food Writing 2008 and Best Food Writing 2009 anthologies. Isn't it about time your favorite restaurant got the literary treatment it deserves? Priceless! Current bid: $51.BID NOW.
PSST! If you're looking for another stocking stuffer idea: You can buy as many decks of Stranger playing cards as you like. They're on the right side of this page. They're $20 each; no bidding, no stress, and all proceeds go to the cause.