and Drunks

Monday, July 20, 2009

She's Still Standing!

Posted by on Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Here's what I had to say when the Miss California scandal broke...

Losing was the best thing that ever happened to Miss CA, frankly, and to the Miss USA Pageant. I couldn’t have been the only person in America who was unaware that the Miss USA Pageant had happened, or was happening, or was still in existence, until this incident occurred. And Miss CA is going to be dining out on this “attack” for the rest of her life. I see a book deal in her future, lots of speaking gigs at evangelical universities, etc.

AP has the details of Carrie Prejean's inevitable book deal:

Carrie Prejean will publish a memoir called "Still Standing." Conservative book house Regnery Publishing said Monday that it will release the book. Prejean believes her crown was taken because she said she opposed gay marriage.... Prejean was replaced by the Miss California pageant's first runner-up, Tami Farrell. Farrell has also said she believes marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Gawker has the best headline:

Right-Wing Press to Publish Right-Wing Beauty Queen's Right-Wing Book, Coos Right-Wing Blog

And Elton John has the music video...

Hm... I loves me a shaggy-haired French boy in blue-body-paint stripes. Too bad I can't gay marry him.

Bauhaus I 1
You know the leather dude is one of the judges on Dancing with the Stars, right? I would never have known except he said so on the Leno show a while back.

This is the first video I remember being so (almost) openly gay. Yeah, there are women there, but who's looking at them?

Has anyone seen this today?
Posted by Bauhaus I on July 20, 2009 at 2:23 PM · Report this
Carollani 2
Still Standing?? What, like... 4 months later and after spitting out blame after blame? Wow, your perseverance is deserving of fortune and fame. What an effing loser.
Posted by Carollani http://twitter.com/carollani on July 20, 2009 at 2:23 PM · Report this
There's going to be a whole Series called Wounded White Warriors....Prejean, Palin and Buchanan will be first out of the box....their fear of nonwhite dominance is palpable...
Posted by PC on July 20, 2009 at 2:30 PM · Report this
I always preferred the fella in yella. Overall, worst choreographed-on-coke video ever.
Posted by gloomy gus on July 20, 2009 at 2:31 PM · Report this
Carrie has you, Dan; and your separated-at-birth twin Paris Hilton; (the sobbing/shrieking sisters of faggdom) to thank for her 'fame'.
If the gays could have kept their mouths shut NO ONE would ever have heard of Carrie.
Posted by Look Ma! on July 20, 2009 at 2:35 PM · Report this
Meanwhile, in the Slog:

Rip on Carrie Prejean. Sit back to some Elton John.

There is no work to be done right now. Everything will be fine.
Posted by Oh yeah... this is all Obama's fault, right? on July 20, 2009 at 2:42 PM · Report this
keshmeshi 7
@5,

Perez Hilton. Duh.
Posted by keshmeshi on July 20, 2009 at 2:50 PM · Report this
Damn you Dan for getting that song stuck in my head. And I didn't even watch the video - the still image of Sir Elton John doing his pointy dance brought it all back to me, and superglued it to my ear.
Posted by Luckier on July 20, 2009 at 2:59 PM · Report this
kim in portland 9
Dang it Dan,

Know I have this song stuck in my head. By the way, I thought both of the gentleman painted in blue were lovely.
Posted by kim in portland http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/11/fast-paced_video_provides_a_fu.html on July 20, 2009 at 3:04 PM · Report this
I think the yellow and green striped guy is just about as hot as the blue and white guy. And, yeah, I thought one of the dancers looked like Bruno Tonioli from DWTS.
Posted by seattle mike on July 20, 2009 at 3:55 PM · Report this
Can you believe, that video was released BEFORE Elton John officially came out?

Why did he even bother "coming out" after that?
Posted by Pope Buck I on July 20, 2009 at 7:51 PM · Report this
JunieGirl 12
Yeah, but is she still standing topless?
Posted by JunieGirl on July 21, 2009 at 2:18 PM · Report this
This book has got to be more of a political argument than a memoir. I mean, a memoir at 22 or however old she is?! And what, is she going to talk about modeling, or her nude photo shoots?
Posted by gescker on July 21, 2009 at 7:26 PM · Report this