Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Meanwhile in Virginia

Posted by on Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 12:59 PM

1e4a/1244664063-poster-barbed-wire-dolls-women-behind-bars_2.jpgOfficials at Virginia's largest women's prison have been rounding up all the female inmates who appear to be lesbians—"loose-fitting clothes, short hair or otherwise masculine looks"—and placing them in a special "butch wing" of the prison in an effort to "break up relationships" and "curb illegal sexual activity."

Because... um... nothing puts a stop to homosexual activity faster than confining homosexuals together. I've heard those RSVP Cruises are basically big gay Purity Balls.

... because butch dykes never ever have sex with EACH OTHER.
Posted by Valkyrie on June 10, 2009 at 1:15 PM · Report this
my brother used to work in a women's correctional facility. they do NOT look like the specimen's on the cover of the pulp. bummer.
Posted by kulshan on June 10, 2009 at 1:19 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 4
"Baw Chica Wa Wa"

oh baby I can see the vids now ..
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on June 10, 2009 at 1:37 PM · Report this
Fifty-Two-Eighty 5
This kinda makes sense to me. I mean, it's important for the guards to know which ones it's OK to rape and which ones it isn't.
Posted by Fifty-Two-Eighty http://www.nra.org on June 10, 2009 at 1:40 PM · Report this
boxofbirds 6
Do they have a nelly wing in male prisons?

@1 I'm sure your not at all homophobic and that you also get upset when women check you out, right? Then again the only way you would know they are staring at you is if you were staring at them. Maybe try concentrating on your workout and stop staring at dudes?
Posted by boxofbirds on June 10, 2009 at 1:46 PM · Report this
Geni 7
Well, that's going to end well, I'm sure.
Posted by Geni on June 10, 2009 at 1:52 PM · Report this
Tina 8
Because we all know pretty girly girls cant be lesbians... WTF?
Posted by Tina on June 10, 2009 at 1:54 PM · Report this
Andy 9
Maybe they just don't want the gay to spread? They don't want a gay epidemic like what's going on in the general population.
Posted by Andy on June 10, 2009 at 1:56 PM · Report this
michael strangeways 10
All the lipstick lesbians were locked up in a Talbots....
Posted by michael strangeways http://www.seattlegayscene.com/ on June 10, 2009 at 2:04 PM · Report this
mr. herriman 11
what could possibly go wrong? this plan is foolproof!!
Posted by mr. herriman on June 10, 2009 at 2:09 PM · Report this
Cracker Jack 12
Hmm... I smell new reality show!!!
Posted by Cracker Jack on June 10, 2009 at 2:28 PM · Report this
memorex 13
It does seem like there are a lot of gay guys at my local 24 Hour Fitness. But then I do live in a gay neighborhood and that may be skewing the numbers a bit. It's kind of weird to not be pretty much the only guy in a yoga class. But I always figure that if a guy is checking me out or hitting on me, I should just take it as a compliment.
Posted by memorex on June 10, 2009 at 2:30 PM · Report this
Bumpin' pussies is against jail house rules.
Posted by Massive Attack on June 10, 2009 at 2:33 PM · Report this
Irena 15
Best part of that Time article on Purity Balls:

David Diefenderfer has slipped outside for a cigarette; he's a leathery South Dakotan in a big black cowboy hat, and he hands over his card. HAVE GUN, WILL TRAVEL: BREEDER SERVICE, it says, with a picture of a syringe. He's in the cattle-reproduction business. He's also the father of nine children by seven women.

Three of his daughters are with him tonight, including 10-year-old Taylor. I asked what purity means to her. "I don't really know," she says, and she's shy about talking about all this. "But it means you make a promise to your dad to be a virgin until you are married and not have a lot of boyfriends."
Posted by Irena on June 10, 2009 at 3:01 PM · Report this
Uriel-238 16
This may just be my gutter-hair talking, but I thought those purity balls (and purity cruises, incidentally) were devices by which fathers traded their offspring for fresh, virginal poon.

At the point I saw ads for daddy-daughter cruises, I started getting the creepy feeling that this must be what's really going on.
Posted by Uriel-238 on June 10, 2009 at 3:30 PM · Report this
I'm with 10 and 2. Not saying butch lesbians don't like other butch lesbians ... I sometimes think they don't like them as much.

Still is a horrible horrible horrible idea.
Posted by former tri-state on June 10, 2009 at 3:32 PM · Report this
michael strangeways 18
#1 and #13: Now you know how the majority of women feel when a straight man ogles them...enjoy!

and...

we could be staring because we're appalled by what you're wearing...
Posted by michael strangeways http://www.seattlegayscene.com/ on June 10, 2009 at 4:03 PM · Report this
seattlejenny 19
seems like it would be illegal in some way.
what if they divided people by race?
Posted by seattlejenny on June 10, 2009 at 9:25 PM · Report this
Bonefish 21
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Posted by Bonefish http://5bmisc.blogspot.com/ on June 11, 2009 at 11:23 PM · Report this
Bonefish 22
It's like these people watch episodes of Reno 911, thinking it's instructional.