Wednesday, March 25, 2009

In Non-Mayoral Campaign News

Posted by on Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:53 AM

In this week's In the Hall, I break the news that police-accountability watchdog Pete Holmes—who had previously considered a run against City Council member Richard Conlin—has decided to challenge City Attorney Tom Carr, with whom he has frequently butted heads.

And in the race for City Council position 8—the seat being vacated by retiring council member Richard McIver—real estate broker Rusty Williams just wrote his campaign a series of checks totaling $30,000. The other candidates in that race are North End neighborhood activist David Miller (who already has a few signs out in Seattle neighborhoods), former Nickels nightlife advisor Jordan Royer, and three-time candidate Robert Rosencrantz, who lost to McIver and now-state Democratic Party chair Dwight Pelz in the primary election in 2005.

After being convicted and exposed as being a shoplifter and law-breaking, I just can't imagine how the Stranger feels that you warrant credibility on law and police reporting.

What a joke
Posted by Janine Seattle on March 25, 2009 at 12:18 PM · Report this
Go read the Weekly, Janine.
Posted by Cracker Jack on March 25, 2009 at 12:33 PM · Report this
I will not read The Seattle Weekly.

You see, the same discerning mind that equips me to distinguish between bullshit (and helped me to choose the Stranger) is the same discerning mind that helps me distinguish between the Stranger's bullshit.

God, I'm a more epic writer than Erica and I have no shoplifting charges.
Posted by Janine Seattle on March 25, 2009 at 12:51 PM · Report this
@3: If this is an example of your epic writing, we'll stick with ECB.
Posted by J.R. on March 25, 2009 at 12:57 PM · Report this
you go for it J.R.
Posted by daniel b.kieneker on March 25, 2009 at 12:59 PM · Report this
Epic? OK, then.
Posted by Fnarf on March 25, 2009 at 1:21 PM · Report this
Wait, does this possibly explain something about Erica's tormentors? They WANT HER JOB? That's hilarious.
Posted by Fnarf on March 25, 2009 at 1:22 PM · Report this
I'm so glad Holmes is stepping up. It will be an uphill battle against Nickels machine money, and the likelihood he would get the ST endorsement is low. However, a Stranger endorsement and a rising tide of reform impulse by voters could sweep Carr out of office, and Holmes would provide a breath of fresh air.
Posted by Trevor on March 25, 2009 at 1:41 PM · Report this
Carr isn't gonna be getting any Nickels machine money, I'd bet.
Posted by NapoleonXIV on March 25, 2009 at 1:47 PM · Report this
@9: Really? I don't pay close attention, but I can't remember a single public disagreement Carr and Nickels have had. Any further info would be appreciated.
Posted by Trevor on March 25, 2009 at 3:58 PM · Report this
@10: You're right, you don't pay attention. And based on your numerous comments on this and other topics, you know very little about most things.
Posted by Phyllis on March 25, 2009 at 4:19 PM · Report this
@11,

Would you be so kind as to name one public disagreement between Nickels and Carr?

Posted by Mr. X on March 25, 2009 at 4:44 PM · Report this
It isn't what's spoken publicly--it's what the Nickels machine says about Carr behind his back that matters.
Posted by NapoleonXIV on March 25, 2009 at 6:52 PM · Report this