Friday, February 27, 2009

House Proud

Posted by on Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 9:30 AM

The Washington D.C. home of the "father of the gay rights movement," Frank Kameny, has been declared a D.C.historical landmark—and just in time for CPAC. Choke on it, bigots. The designation automatically nominates Kameny's house for the National Register of Historic Places, reports the Washington Post. There's currently just one gay-rights landmark on the National Register of Historic Places: New York City's Stonewall Inn.

I'd nominate Harvey Milk's camera shop in the Castro, but it's probably a Starbucks or something now.
Posted by Reverse Polarity on February 27, 2009 at 9:57 AM · Report this
more posts about gay buttsex and gay stuff, gayness is the most important thing on earth
Posted by The entirety of my being is "being gay" - it is my religion! on February 27, 2009 at 10:06 AM · Report this
#2 is so obsessed with queers. Just suck a cock already.
Posted by DENVEROPOLIS on February 27, 2009 at 10:13 AM · Report this
Great to know my tax payer dollars are going to the a "landmark" that promotes the demise of the Nation.

A picket protest in front of it is much needed. I know gays dislike democracy but let the American people know where their hard earn money is going to and see how much longer the "historical landmark" status last.
Posted by Loveschild on February 27, 2009 at 10:27 AM · Report this
I never realized Stonewall was a historic landmark.
Posted by andrew on February 27, 2009 at 10:57 AM · Report this
I assume the 'gay movement' has two fathers?
Posted by HUMOR! I love it- hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha on February 27, 2009 at 11:25 AM · Report this
Where in the hell did all these hateful trolls come from, anyway? Did someone piss in Mikey "Savage" Weiner's Wheaties or something?

Don't like gay sex? Don't have any. And MYOFB about other people's sex lives.
Posted by Geni on February 27, 2009 at 11:40 AM · Report this
@7: I don't know, but dollars to dougnuts it's someone like Bellevue Ave (or Thomas St, where ever he lives now) just being a dick.
Posted by Original Monique on February 27, 2009 at 12:15 PM · Report this
Kameny kept it righteous his whole life long. From a favorite profile piece a couple years ago:

[...] unchanged is his moral certitude, which is hard to compare to anything, and which almost transcends courage. "Courage," remarks Barney Frank, who has known Kameny for 26 years, "sometimes comes very close to a complete indifference to the opinions of those whom you hold in contempt. In Frank's case, that's a lot of people."
Posted by tomasyalba on February 27, 2009 at 12:26 PM · Report this
Now this is the kinda shit that makes me...Happy :)
Posted by Jersey on February 27, 2009 at 1:31 PM · Report this
Dan, the "father of the gay rights movement" can only be Harry Hay.
Posted by eclexia on February 27, 2009 at 2:56 PM · Report this
Demise of a nation? That statement (post 4) makes me want to laugh at first, but then the heartlessness of it makes me sick with pity for such a closed heart.
Posted by kim in portland (formerly just kim) on February 27, 2009 at 4:21 PM · Report this
Really Kim?

Should my tax payer dollars go to the funding of something I believe promotes a social ill that produces nothing? Don't you think people like me should know first before such a place is made into a "National Landmark" with our tax payer dollars? Your beliefs shouldn't have to cancel those of the majority. If you believe they should then I think you should look within yourself before calling anyone else heartless or do we have closed hearts because our thoughts based on the reality of how the world functions are different to your beliefs? Though we have disagreed before I thought of you differently.
Posted by Loveschild on February 27, 2009 at 4:53 PM · Report this
Loveschild,

Sorry, and I mean it, if my comment has angered and offended you. It is just my opinion. It's not your issue with taxes or landmarks, that saddens me. It's, and again it is just my opinion formed by your frequent posts, that your heart is closed and thus unable to see the beauty of relationships just because the two people involved don't fit with your ideal. According to your posts, two committed homosexuals raising children are just playing house and nothing of value comes of it, same-sex adoption should be outlawed because it is impossible that a child living with same-sex parents could have opposite sex role models, same-sex individuals are the only ones who have sex practices that spread disease and that should be a reason to exclude them from being parents, everytime a kinky picture involving male genitalia is present is HAS to be a homosexual and it couldn't be some heterosexual, homosexuals only want to be parents because they want a trophy because all they really want to do is party, and lastly just for demanding equal civil rights as U.S. citizens their lives are social ills that promote the demise of the Nation. Again, this is just my opinion based upon your comments. It is a free country, and the First Ammendment permits you to disagree. Just as I have allowed you to express your opinion about my ability to form opinions, my inability to think pragmatically, and about my patriotism in "Shhh... We're Silencing the Christians" even when I disagreed and was hurt by your comments. Perhaps, you now think I misunderstood you? I still allow you your opinion.

By the way. I didn't call you heartless (at least that wasn't my intent), but your mind (based on your posts) is made up on the subject of same-sex individuals being of equal worth, value and of civil rights and in that sense your heart is closed. And, for that I feel sad. Sorry you now think of me differently, I never had the opinion you thought highly of me before.

k
More...
Posted by kim in portland (formerly just kim) on February 27, 2009 at 6:31 PM · Report this
in response to #9, slight changes are in order.

it is not courage but indecency that makes a person maintain indifference, and even contempt and unprovoked nastiness to people who helped him and should have recived gratitude and acknowledgment.

Frank DID INDEED have a family. They were a big secret. Try to figure out how he got food and a house.
Posted by elsist on March 13, 2009 at 6:36 PM · Report this