and Drunks

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yesterday, In Front Pages

Posted by on Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 12:02 PM

A beautiful gallery of inaugural front pages—here.

c12c/1232568282-ca_fb.jpg

Cool, but I have to say a few of these covers are really awful...check out the "Visalia Times-Delta" image. It's on the right side of the page about a third of the way down. Horrible, Weekly World News-style photoshopped image of Obama pasted over the crowd scene.
Posted by schmacky on January 21, 2009 at 12:27 PM · Report this
is it just me or is it notable that a majority of the cover photos include Michelle? Maybe says something about the way newspapers thing that american will view her importance?
Posted by erin on January 21, 2009 at 12:39 PM · Report this
Somebody forgot to hem those pants. Just sayin'...
Posted by Nobody special on January 21, 2009 at 12:47 PM · Report this
Notice how our two local papers bucked the trend and did the big pictures today instead of yesterday ...
Posted by Will in Seattle on January 21, 2009 at 1:05 PM · Report this
They forgot France.
Posted by Judith on January 21, 2009 at 1:45 PM · Report this
Wow, how strange to see the Fresno Bee up on the slog. I was forced to live my teenage years in that city. Oh, the indignity. But it is a good picture. I happen to like the PI one with the whole family.
Posted by Enigma on January 21, 2009 at 1:47 PM · Report this
I like that we can see their marks in this photo-- the tape on the ground showing them where to stand.
Posted by Diana on January 22, 2009 at 12:02 AM · Report this