Friday, January 16, 2009

Product Recall of the Week

Posted by on Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 9:47 PM

a3f2/1232171315-productrecalloftheday.jpg

More details at the company's website—including this: "If your plush uterus is NOT accessible to young children, and you wish to keep your beloved uterus, you may opt-out via email. Please send an email to the address below with the subject line, "UTERUS OPT OUT.'" Thanks to Slop tipper Susanna!

Fucking lawyers ruin everything.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on January 16, 2009 at 10:11 PM · Report this
I, for one, intend to follow the advice of keeping my uterus away from children.
Posted by Julie in Chicago (now in Eugene) on January 16, 2009 at 10:18 PM · Report this
Sometimes I do want to opt out of my uterus...
Posted by Abby on January 16, 2009 at 10:19 PM · Report this
I have a long list of highly inappropriate comments here.
Posted by Fnarf on January 16, 2009 at 10:37 PM · Report this
The companies main page is as funny:

Uterus NO! Other organs yes!

Posted by kinaidos on January 16, 2009 at 10:52 PM · Report this
Uteri are great. They make stuff like this:

Posted by Uterascallions on January 16, 2009 at 11:54 PM · Report this
The thought of some small child choking on my ovaries is somewhat horrifying.

Okay, it's really horrifying.
Posted by NapoleonXIV on January 17, 2009 at 12:03 AM · Report this
Are you fucking kidding me?
Posted by Glossy on January 17, 2009 at 12:16 AM · Report this
God, I wish I could opt out of my uterus.
Posted by Marissa on January 17, 2009 at 12:41 AM · Report this
I bought this for my mom for Christmas since she just had hers removed due to some fun fun cancer. She said they would have to pry this uterus from her cold dead hands. They did give us a 15% off coupon for opting out. We're thinking about getting a gallbladder since she doesn't have one of those too.
Posted by Mari on January 17, 2009 at 5:30 AM · Report this
I wish to keep my beloved uterus...and yours too, if you can spare it.
Posted by J.R. on January 17, 2009 at 9:12 AM · Report this
I can understand the kitsch value of owning a stuffed uterus, but who buys one of these for a child? Huh?
Posted by Christy O on January 17, 2009 at 9:53 AM · Report this
I would totally get that for my kid. If it wasn't for the choking hazard.
Posted by elenchos on January 17, 2009 at 4:13 PM · Report this
still not quite as cool as the petri dish giant microbes:

they also have regular giant microbes...
Posted by kristinbellkitty on January 17, 2009 at 5:13 PM · Report this
Aw dammit! Now I want a plush uterus. I never knew they existed and now that I do, I can't have one. I wonder if there's some way I can get a black market plush uterus. I guess I'll just have to make my own, like some amateur crappy plush Frankenstein.
Posted by CDMelty on January 17, 2009 at 9:43 PM · Report this