and Drunks

Friday, December 19, 2008

Who Could Possibly Be Against Welcoming Everyone?

Posted by on Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Rick Warren.

We get lectures about civility and the need to welcome everyone, even those we disagree with, and Rick Warren won't even welcome us in his church. This is from the Saddleback Church's own Web site.

warrenchurchbansgays.jpg

So gays can't be members of Rick Warren's truly awesome Jeebus club. We can attend, if we like, in the hopes that God will shove lightening bolts up our butts and make us straight. But we can't be members until we "repent" for our love. Nice.

Gah! Who'd want to be a member of that group anyway?
Posted by Urgutha Forka on December 19, 2008 at 1:22 PM · Report this
Really, who wants a Jesus lobotomy anyway?
Posted by Vince on December 19, 2008 at 1:24 PM · Report this
Dan, why do you continue to fake surprise when you post stuff about how christian churches condemn homosexuality? It's in their crazy little book! You know it, they know it.
Posted by Big Sven on December 19, 2008 at 1:24 PM · Report this
"...would not be accepted at a member at Saddleback Church"?
Fake Christians, please. You know Jesus loves proofreaders.
Posted by The Bailiff on December 19, 2008 at 1:40 PM · Report this
Meh, I strongly suspect that a certain someone who consorted with pacifists, prostitutes, thieves and the poor wouldn't be welcome at Brokeback either.
Posted by Original Andrew on December 19, 2008 at 1:43 PM · Report this
It says "homosexual lifestyle" not "homosexuals." That means metrosexuals and tomboys are unwelcome.

And closeted queers, too. It's called SADDLEBACK after all.
Posted by PedestrianMe on December 19, 2008 at 1:47 PM · Report this
I have better things to do with my purpose-driven life than sit slack-jawed in Warren's pews listening to someone tell me how I need my life changed.
Posted by not david bowie on December 19, 2008 at 1:48 PM · Report this
I think the case is solved in Paw Paw, Michigan is solved. It is Rick Warren's heart.
Posted by 4f...sake on December 19, 2008 at 1:56 PM · Report this
Dan, Stop your whining! Warren represents exactly what America should be. I mean why else would he be "America's Priest". I wonder if he will also hold the Bible for Obama during the swearing in? Perhaps he could crown him as well. You know, submitting the state under the power of the church.

But look how many people had no problem with the "culture debate" Warren hosted for McCain and Obama.
Posted by Just Me on December 19, 2008 at 1:58 PM · Report this
Rick Warren breaks at least 3 of the 7 Deadly Sins - Gluttony, Greed and Pride - so I'll know I am a better Christian than Rick Warren the next time I feel Lust.
Posted by Emil Sarcasian on December 19, 2008 at 2:28 PM · Report this
RICK WARREN SMELLS LIKE POO.
Posted by breklor on December 19, 2008 at 2:42 PM · Report this
"What can you expect? These filthy little heathens, here's what you get when people are diverse.... They're different than us, which means they can't be trusted! I wonder if they even bleed!"

Seriously watch Disney's Pocahontas, and you'll get to see Rick Warren's Disney Alter Ego. I'm sure it won't be difficult to guess which character is Warren.
Posted by Benny on December 19, 2008 at 2:45 PM · Report this
Hey everybody, come to Saddleback, the Straights-Only Country Club for the Soul! I bet Pastor-ah Rick-ah would enjoy excluding those women-folk ("they can, at certain times, be unclean!") and them colored types, too, if'n he could. Jews are already left out of the scene, bein' a Cah-rist-chun house o' worship and all...
Posted by E on December 19, 2008 at 3:05 PM · Report this
Funny thing is I went to the website and I noticed a section called "Getting Married?" In it, there was a picture of a man and a woman, and once the term 'bride and groom' were used. But other than that, nowhere, not anywhere did I see anything about marriage being only between a man and a woman.

It's interesting because it clearly states certain requirements if you want to get married at their church: You must be a Christian of course, have pre-marital counseling, you can't be having sex with your future spouse and you can't live with your future spouse until the wedding day. (This right here dehumanises gay couples, who aren't allowed a legal wedding day.)

It's very interesting how there were many quotes given about the meaning of marriage and beautiful it is, and yet nowhere on it did it define marriage as being ONLY between a man and a woman. The reason for this is because when it comes down to what the real definition of marriage is, which is two people who love each other and are commited to each other in a legal (and usually spiritual) union. The fact that married couples are usually of the opposite sex is just a small detail really.

That being said it's a significant thing that the website DOES condemn homosexuality.
Posted by Benny on December 19, 2008 at 3:16 PM · Report this
Again-- Obama is choosing to lie down with a dog that is infested with flees. The kool-aid drinkers are akin to horses running towards a burning barn. The results are predictable.
Posted by Mark in Colorado on December 19, 2008 at 4:56 PM · Report this
Shut the F up!
You filthy animals...
Posted by Rick Warren on December 19, 2008 at 5:57 PM · Report this
Gosh Mark, you're so wise!
Would you have my baby?
Posted by Rick Warren on December 20, 2008 at 9:47 AM · Report this
The great thing about being human is that we do no live for ever. When good old St. Peter meets you at the perily gates...don't bother asking what elevator to take...just look for the one marked "DOWN"!

I can't believe the crap written here. You sound tough and condemn Christianity; acting like fools only because it helps you take away your guilt and fear of what you will have to look forward for the rest of your pathetic lives. You can rewrite the bible but you know the true story. I know also that many of you have got issues; and scientifically there is no proof that a gay gene exists. You win today because you have been able to intimidate, fool and twist the public, but again your days are numbered because life is short. I don't give a damn if you don't believe in God and I woundn't waste time trying but soon things will change. You can choose to live in peace and keep your life to yourself because honestly I don't care where you stick your rod, but keep it away from our kids. And spare me the "We are not out to attack religion, or schools; you have your anal sex behavior all over Massachusettes public schools; in Folsom Street Fair; and have went after ministers, parents, and companies scared to the point where they fire people for their Freedom of Speech...ask Crystal Dixon of Ohio.
Posted by Backoffjack on December 22, 2008 at 11:33 AM · Report this