and Drunks

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Seattle Police Bust Alleged Hand-Job Emporium

Posted by on Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 4:47 PM

Seattle Police have raided a Madison Park nail salon and a South Seattle home after receiving complaints about a possible prostitution operation.

According to search warrants, detectives began surveillance on the Lavender Beauty Salon and Spa on 29th and Madison in mid-October after they were contacted about “the number of males frequenting the business.”

The warrant says one male detective "has been inside of a nail salon before and knows the smell of nail salons and nail polish. The Lavender Beauty Salon and Spa did not have the smell of any kind of nail treatments." Police also searched online escort review sites for information on the spa. Here's one:

Your budget will not get you the best looking girls in town but Lavender which was just talked about is worth a try. $50/hr. Cheapest I am aware of.

Detectives and an informant made several trips to the business for massages while undercover and were offered $10 hand jobs and oral sex (price unspecified) by the staff, who documents identified as "Asian." According to documents, one spa employee told an undercover officers "no full service, hand job only" while another asked "me do?” while making a wang-stroking gesture.

Although the warrant indicates detectives received 30-minute massages, they "came up with a ruse" to avoid a happy ending.

The warrant does not specify what ruses the officers used, but feel free to let your imagination run wild.

Recently, several members of an alleged Seattle-area prostitution ring were indicted on federal charges, and Seattle police raided another salon on Aurora last August.

Prosecutors say the salon's owner, Kristine Nguyen, was arrested on November 14th, but charges have not yet been filed. Nguyen could not be reached for comment.

That place used to be zilla (sp) toys. I loved going in there as I lived pretty close. I go by this place every day and I didn't even think to ask for a handjob on my way to the UW.

Actually I don't shop at any of the stores/restaurants on madison near mlk because I am not an older woman with cash constantly falling out of my pockets.
Posted by drew on December 3, 2008 at 5:00 PM · Report this
Man, I go to the wrong nail salons!
Posted by N on December 3, 2008 at 5:03 PM · Report this
I wish Charles had written this one...
Posted by Greg F. on December 3, 2008 at 5:08 PM · Report this
Sounds like the man is stifling free enterprise
Posted by P to the J on December 3, 2008 at 5:38 PM · Report this
the cop couldn't get it up.

cops have issues getting it up.

that's why the beat innocent people and murder their wives.
Posted by mikeg on December 3, 2008 at 6:31 PM · Report this
this is driving me crazy.. what does "No FS" mean in all these massage ads???
Posted by name on December 3, 2008 at 6:43 PM · Report this
@6... full service? That's what the "no full service, only handjob" quote would suggest.

I wonder how officers get assigned to these types of stings. Seems like a pretty nice assignment....
Posted by Julie in Chicago on December 3, 2008 at 6:46 PM · Report this
Posted by james jackhammer on December 3, 2008 at 6:50 PM · Report this
@7 - Seriously. Whenever I read these stories I think about what it must be like to come into work and hear, "Be sure to fill out your time cards today. And Steve, you're going to go to a nail salon, pull out your dick, and let an asian lady stroke it for a while." I'm sure it is evil of me, but I think it's kind of hot.
Posted by skweetis on December 3, 2008 at 7:00 PM · Report this
"Wang"?

"I hear this place is restricted, Wang, so don't tell 'em you're Jewish, okay?"
Posted by Big Sven on December 3, 2008 at 8:48 PM · Report this
I totally saw the cops busting this place! My friend turned to me and said "I bet they were giving hand jobs in the back" and she was totally right!
Posted by KT on December 3, 2008 at 9:09 PM · Report this
damn, those joints in korea were off limits to the military guys stationed there.

but not kids of those stationed
Posted by christoph on December 3, 2008 at 9:18 PM · Report this
$10??!!! That's a bargain!
Seriously... I don't understand why a handjob is considered any different than massaging any other part of the body.
Had I known this was around, I would have gone there weekly!
Posted by Wanky Wang on December 3, 2008 at 9:58 PM · Report this
Well then, Wanky Wang, looks like you just discovered a really easy way to make ten bucks!

Try not to spend it all in one place.
Posted by Irena on December 3, 2008 at 10:22 PM · Report this
so whats the problem?
Posted by chris on December 3, 2008 at 10:30 PM · Report this
This story would approach titillating if the salon weren't staffed with poor, indentured, immigrant women. The day I see a massage parlour staffed with women who have other options is the day I allow my interest to be piqued.
Posted by ams on December 4, 2008 at 3:44 AM · Report this
is this business in that lavendar painted house? i've always been suspicious of salons that look anything less than totally spiffy...this place is not totally spiffy.
Posted by brad on December 4, 2008 at 3:48 AM · Report this
Thank god they shut this place down! Giving another person an orgasm should be punishable by death!
Posted by Urgutha Forka on December 4, 2008 at 7:40 AM · Report this
Wow. In that neighborhood I'm more apt to believe they got busted for ugly signage. (Actually I wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do with it.)
Posted by SaraD on December 4, 2008 at 8:41 AM · Report this
The police ought to be out there protecting others from harm. At a time when Seattle police are claiming they don't have enough officers to adequately patrol the city, why is time and money being wasted on bullshit like this?

And you know damn well the investigators got their "happy ending". Busting poor immigrant women for prostitution after accepting their services is incredibly hypocritical, even for pigs.
Posted by Brandon J. on December 4, 2008 at 9:41 AM · Report this
If het men can't get any other satisfaction at home, work or play - who cares if they get it at an alleged nail salon? Why do so many people stifle other people's pursuit of happenis? As for the women providing the service, it's the economics, not the morality - and when times get better (for them) they'll sell real estate, run companies and open restaurants.
Posted by BELMONT PLACE on December 4, 2008 at 11:02 AM · Report this
What's going to happen to those women? I bet most of them were brought here illegally for sex work, and probably abused too.
Posted by Greg on December 4, 2008 at 5:34 PM · Report this
Let's be honest. You can talk about gay. You can talk about hookers.

The bottom line is -- there are like 3 girls to every 100 dudes in Seattle.

Better Microsoft, Military Bases, Boeing, Cargo Ships and other Y chromosome laden operations, the biggest monopoly here is not in Redmond -- it's the Pooty.
Posted by No Pooty For Udamo on December 8, 2008 at 7:00 PM · Report this
I agree with others here. What a waste of our tax dollars. Clearly our cops are bored and/or horny.
Posted by Up All Night on December 9, 2008 at 11:36 AM · Report this
HOW DID THEY GET BUSTED: purple building in a "family" neighborhood, the "neighbors" complained, Seattle police are rolling in the dough and have nothing better to do than get taxpayer paid HJs!

ERGO: if you proffer HJs don't paint your business purple, if you truly are a good neighbor gently offer your opinion on a different exterior color to the business in question, and as for the Seattle cops GO FUCK YOURSELVES!
Posted by mondeuse on December 16, 2008 at 8:56 PM · Report this
but but, where will get my Hand jo-- opps I mean nails done now!
Posted by GYMbow on December 16, 2008 at 11:13 PM · Report this
THIS is what my tax dollars are spent on??????? While murderers and robbers roam free, the police are wasting their time arresting people for giving handjobs????

If they have nothing better to do, then quite frankly, we should disband the police force and save the money.

Disgusted.