Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Today in Horrifying Elevator Pranks

Posted by on Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Check out this clip from the Brazilian variety show Programa Silvio Santos, in which unsuspecting elevator riders pick up an absolutely terrifying hitchhiker along the way. (Pro Tip: Hey Brazilians! If you hate children so much... STOP HAVING THEM.)

via

Urgutha Forka 1
If they tried that in the United States, the kid would be beaten, or more likely shot to death, in no time.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on November 27, 2012 at 12:24 PM · Report this
I had to stop watching it. I find this kind of humor cruel. I love a good prank. This isn't it.
Posted by bareboards on November 27, 2012 at 12:34 PM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 3
What #1 said... there'd been a shooting if this happened in the US
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on November 27, 2012 at 12:37 PM · Report this
mikethehammer 4
Yeah, I sure hope those people receive some compensation for their horrific experience. Also, a recent broadcast of 'Talk of the Nation; Science Friday' focused on documented cases of people being literally scared to death (serious enough shock to somehow interrupt bloodflow or something.) Seems to be only a matter of time before we get a serious settlement from one of these things.

And with all of that said... This was funny as hell.
Posted by mikethehammer on November 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM · Report this
@1 Brazil is WAAAAY more violent than the US. I'm betting these people were actors.
Posted by tkc on November 27, 2012 at 1:05 PM · Report this
Tingleyfeeln 6
@5, but Brazillian violence is poverty and crime related, our violence is stupidity.
Posted by Tingleyfeeln on November 27, 2012 at 1:31 PM · Report this
@5 It's also way more superstitious and likely to believe in the supernatural, which is why this gag works. I don't think a Brazilian believer would be ready to take on El Diablo in combat, or even willing to piss him off more.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping that if this were played on me, I'd burst out laughing. I'm not 100% confident in that, though. The kid actress had an excellent scream.
Posted by Brooklyn Reader on November 27, 2012 at 1:32 PM · Report this
Tingleyfeeln 8
BTW, it was a white girl used for the prank, so even in Amerikkka she wouldn't have been shot for this.
Posted by Tingleyfeeln on November 27, 2012 at 1:33 PM · Report this
Tingleyfeeln 9
BTW, they used a white girl for the prank, so even in Amerikka she wouldn't have been shot.
Posted by Tingleyfeeln on November 27, 2012 at 1:34 PM · Report this
pfffter 10
I laughed my ass off. You guys need an enema if you didn't laugh at this.
Posted by pfffter on November 27, 2012 at 1:38 PM · Report this
Knat 11
Why is it that every supernatural-based prank that works like this always takes place in a largely religious country?
Posted by Knat on November 27, 2012 at 2:20 PM · Report this
Knat 12
...Wait, never mind. I think I answered my own question.
Posted by Knat on November 27, 2012 at 2:22 PM · Report this
Dougsf 13
I usually hate prank shows, but I loved this for some reason.
Posted by Dougsf on November 27, 2012 at 2:34 PM · Report this
Simone 14
I find the laugh track annoying. At least I think thats a laugh track. Anyway...

I'd scream at first then I would be grabbing my camera to take pictures. Got to document the ghost girl unlike those Syfy Ghost Hunters who never seem to get anything of real value on their expensive cameras.
Posted by Simone on November 27, 2012 at 4:56 PM · Report this
I'm not sure that the girl in this prank, had it been done in the US, would have been attacked. But I think my reaction would be to ask her how she got in the elevator. Then I would ask her who did her scary make-up job. What is her doll's name? But if she screamed I would just ignore her for fear that her parents, wherever they are, would suspect that I had actually harmed her.
But what did concern me was the amount of fear these people felt. It would have been interesting if one of them would have had a cardiac arrhythmia or coronary artery spasm resulting in a heart attack. Then the little girl might be on the elevator with a fresh corpse. This would then be an excellent opportunity for a lawyer to take up this case and sue the directors of this prank and the parents of the little girl.
Posted by Juan Alfredo on November 28, 2012 at 12:05 AM · Report this