Tuesday, May 15, 2012

We Don't Normally Run Obituaries...

Posted by on Tue, May 15, 2012 at 2:06 PM

....but that's mostly because people rarely send us obituaries to run. But then someone did, and here it is.

Picture_8.png

Name of Deceased: Rony Wiesel
Age : 51
Date of Death : 05/04/2012
Last Residence : Seattle Washington
Place of Birth : Toronto, Canada
Work History : Art Director and Writer/Editor at various papers
Education : Reed College - English Lit
Synagogue Affiliation : Seattle Kollel
Hobbies / Interests : Writer, Editor, Property Management and Real Estate

Picture_9.jpg

I believe it was Brendan who recently brought up the idea on Slog that a good obituary makes you wish you'd met the deceased. This is a good obituary.

Oh, there's some hair to run some fingers through right there. I hope he got plenty of that in his time here. RIP.
Posted by gloomy gus on May 15, 2012 at 2:21 PM · Report this
rob! 2
...Link?
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on May 15, 2012 at 2:23 PM · Report this
David Schmader 3
2: There is no link, they just sent us the components of the obit.
Posted by David Schmader on May 15, 2012 at 2:25 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 4
Now if only there was a SLOG wake.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on May 15, 2012 at 2:33 PM · Report this
Yow! I knew Rony Weisel, who last I knew (late 1980s) had changed his name to Run Vzel. He was in theater classes at Reed College and did theater with some friends of mine in Portland. An interesting guy, kind of crazy, in the sense of being what they call a 'borderline personality' -- deeply self-absorbed, manipulative, charismatic yet kind of repulsive at the same time. He directed a production of 'Waiting for Godot' in which Estragon was a young pregnant woman...among other 'envelope-pushing' endeavors. I wonder what he died of?
Posted by Fetzer, Bret on May 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM · Report this
litlnemo 6
Oh, my. He used to be on the Beacon Hill neighborhood mailing list. There was drama involved. I'll leave it at that.
Posted by litlnemo http://slumberland.org/ on May 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM · Report this
There was always drama involved. I miss you Run. He loved me once and I loved him also. He bought me a beautiful ring and frog.
Posted by Jumapili on February 6, 2013 at 11:11 PM · Report this