Slog News & Arts

Line Out

Music & Nightlife

« Your Attorney General (and Fut... | Gregoire vs. Rossi, Round 3 »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

VP Debate Party Tomorrow!

posted by on October 1 at 17:59 PM

UPDATE: It has been brought to my attention that others have already posted better, more comprehensive lists of tomorrow’s VP debate-watching parties. So please consider the below parties to be ECB-endorsed, and attend or stay away as you will. (Without you, of course, Columbia City remains an ECB party of one.)

I’ve been gearing up for tomorrow’s vice-presidential debate between Sarah Palin (boo!!) and Joe Biden (yay?), about which I’ll have much, much more to say tomorrow… In the meantime, though, I wanted to invite all Slog readers to two events at Spitfire, 2219 4th Avenue. The first is a (free!) debate watch party tomorrow night, starting at 6:00 pm, with drink and food specials until 7 pm. The second is a presidential debate watching party on Tuesday, October 7, hosted by Washington Conservation Voters and featuring Gov. Christine Gregoire; doors at 5 pm, discussion with the Gov at 5:30, debate at 6. The suggested donation is $250, but all are welcome—give what you can. To RSVP online, go here.

And for those who’ll be in the South End during tomorrow night’s debate, I’ll be liveslogging from the Columbia City Ale House at Rainier and Ferdinand; feel free to stop by and say hello.

RSS icon Comments

Sarah Palin (boo!!) and Joe Biden (yay?)

Certainly, you meant to say "Sarah Palin (boo!!) and Joe Biden (meh)."

Posted by Mahtli69 | October 1, 2008 6:27 PM

Any place near 145th & 15th in Shoreline that has liberal leanings. I am stuck in a nursing home with a bunch of old and poor people vote against their own self interests.

Posted by elswinger | October 1, 2008 8:12 PM

You refer to yourself as ECB in the third person? What are you, Suede?

Posted by frank | October 1, 2008 8:13 PM

Not so fast with that party! McCain-Palin surrogates are demanding postponement or cancellation of the VP debate because the moderator is black and that's totally unfair to the VP candidate from the all-white GOP ticket.

Posted by Kaypro | October 1, 2008 8:13 PM

kaypro, thats a terrible explanation of the scenario.

Posted by Bellevue Ave | October 1, 2008 8:19 PM

Guess I'll be at the Spitfire.

Posted by Will in Seattle | October 1, 2008 9:52 PM

I hope there's one tv with the ballgame(s) on in case Palin fake cries.

Posted by Lloyd Clydesdale | October 1, 2008 11:11 PM

I'll be across the street at Angie's! Represent the old Columbia City.

LLoyd- do your boys have what it takes against Las Medias Blancas?

More importanly Phillies are in it!

Posted by SeMe | October 2, 2008 9:34 AM

I think so, SeMe. Phillies/Rays? I'm great with that.

Posted by Lloyd Clydesdale | October 2, 2008 11:18 AM