Slog News & Arts

Line Out

Music & Nightlife

« Developer Balks at Affordable ... | NSFW: Boobies! »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Roadside Attractions

posted by on October 7 at 15:58 PM

Stranger intern Kaia C. just emailed me these photos from her road trip to Big Timber, Montana…

Then farther down the road near the Crow Reservation…

Photos taken October 5th, 2008.

RSS icon Comments

I wonder what "rights" White people such as those are referring to?

Posted by Sargon Bighorn | October 7, 2008 4:04 PM

Oh those snow people and their special rights demands!

Posted by asteria | October 7, 2008 4:14 PM

The right to be an unrepentant racist asshole, without being called-out as an unrepentant racist asshole, presumably.

Posted by COMTE | October 7, 2008 4:15 PM

Most snowmen are liberal, or at least global warming is of great concern to them.

Posted by elswinger | October 7, 2008 4:24 PM

no one gives two craps about Kaia or Montana, Kelly.

Posted by jim bexley-speed | October 7, 2008 4:40 PM

Snowman handwriting is creepy.

Posted by ugh | October 7, 2008 4:41 PM

I choose to give people the benefit of the doubt, so... I think 'White' is the family's last name, but they are a minority who have had a tough time in this right-wing corner of Montana.

Posted by Dave | October 7, 2008 4:49 PM

I do like that moon invasion, though.

Posted by kerri harrop | October 7, 2008 5:31 PM

Next time I see a polar bear in a bow tie who had it's rights infringed upon, I'll remember Montana.

Posted by phillip drummond | October 7, 2008 7:47 PM

I would be surprised if there were any members of the Crow who didn't vote for Barack Black Eagle.

Posted by Anonymous | October 7, 2008 8:36 PM

Public access or not, I don't think I'll be taking that trail.

Posted by Jain from Missoula, MT | October 7, 2008 9:42 PM

That last picture is probably the best counterpoint against hate I've seen in a while. :)

Posted by Joy Baker | October 7, 2008 10:02 PM

I'd just like to point out that, according to the 2000 census survey, Big Timber is 96.61% white.

If only that other 3.39% of the population would just give the white man his rights!!

Posted by jk | October 7, 2008 10:03 PM

Since white people have enjoyed special rights since this countries inception, it's nice to see they want everyone to be equal.

Posted by Vince | October 8, 2008 7:22 AM

Slow down on ignorant whites. I don;t see any of you condescending fucks rallying your outreach efforts around educating them. You treat them as remedials at best but refuse the remedial effort.

You don;t even go home for Holidays to lodge a fucking comlplaint much less wage a campaign for their hearts by dating a black person of the same sex who doesn't beat you like your ex did.

Ask me anything.