Slog News & Arts

Line Out

Music & Nightlife

« Nail Biting, Fretting, Etc. | To McCain, It's A Game »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

On Tenterhooks

posted by on October 23 at 10:59 AM

In one minute, at 11 a.m. P.S.T., Canlis is holding what their P.R. firm is billing as a momentous press conference. Take it away, press release:

CANLIS RESTAURANT TO HOLD PRESS CONFERENCE

SEATTLE – Oct. 22, 2008 – In its 58-year Seattle history, Canlis Restaurant has been no stranger to being credited with “firsts”: team-style service, designing an open kitchen, pioneering what has become Northwest cuisine. Now, in a bold statement about how much the restaurant has evolved and its envisioned future, the Canlis family is holding its first-ever press conference to share momentous news.

You are cordially invited to join brothers Mark and Brian Canlis for this event….

They offered to fetch me by car service (thanks, guys!), but I can’t make it. But will there be a live webcast? Yes, indeed! Take it away, live webcast:

Free Webcam Chat at Ustream

UPDATE: Apparently they got a new chef, Jason Franey, the executive sous chef from Eleven Madison Park in New York (Frank Bruni on that place here). If only you could live webcast free champagne.

RSS icon Comments

I love Canlis, but this is a big FAIL. You can't fucking hear them.

Posted by Fnarf | October 23, 2008 11:09 AM

These guys are super impressed with themselves. Why the fuck am I watching this?

Posted by CatOrNot | October 23, 2008 11:10 AM

a webcast to introduce a new cook? WHO FUCKING CARES.

Posted by tom | October 23, 2008 11:15 AM

Who is it? I can't hear... or see. What a crappy webcast.

Posted by monster | October 23, 2008 11:22 AM

Who's the new cook? I can't hear either. And who thought it was a good idea to shoot this against bright windows?

Posted by c | October 23, 2008 11:24 AM

Can you ask them in a follow up if they really hand out cards to people not up to snuff that read "Please do not come back."?

Posted by Scott Dow | October 23, 2008 11:36 AM

It's true, you couldn't hear a damn thing. Apparently they have a new chef from New York. Zzzzz.

Posted by Bethany Jean Clement | October 23, 2008 11:51 AM

Well well well... lucky us Seattle... big news that is apparently not important enough to report on any of the websites or blogs that announced it. I'm going to go drown my sorrows in bacon infused bourbon at Tini Bigs!

Posted by monster | October 23, 2008 11:59 AM

Oh, bullshit, Scott Dow. You think if it was true these cards wouldn't be all over people's blogs?

Posted by Fnarf | October 23, 2008 11:59 AM

Hey man, I have heard this for years. As much as the Jean Enderson shop lifting thing.

Most people say it happened to their parents or parents friends.

You have never heard this?

Posted by Scott Dow | October 23, 2008 12:01 PM

Most people say it happened to their parents or parent's friends.

You have never heard this?

Posted by Scott Dow | October 23, 2008 12:02 PM

Sorry for stuttering.

Posted by Scott Dow | October 23, 2008 12:03 PM

And yet, no webcast from Tini Bigs announcing that Jamie freakin' Boudreau has a new gig? I'd *watch* that.

Posted by kid icarus | October 23, 2008 12:22 PM

I gotta say...Eleven Madison Park is a totally kick-ass restaurant with beautiful, innovative food. Lots of people will poo-poo the announcement, but it is a major score for Canlis and for the Seattle food scene. Hopefully they won't force him to put salmon in everything.

Posted by Liesel | October 23, 2008 12:54 PM

Wow....who is that pr firm?

Posted by Dolly West | October 23, 2008 1:09 PM

HA! Maybe I'll have my own webcast from TiniBigs tonight announcing Seattle FINALLY showing some indication of potentially joining the rest of the culinary world. Not that anyone cares... as long as long as we have Jean Enerson's mental health casting shadows on our cave wall our entertainment needs appear to be satisfied.

Posted by monster | October 23, 2008 2:49 PM