Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on Maybe the Art Will Seem Better If You're Drunk

Given the tender sensitivities of the Wamu folks upstairs, maybe it's just the Christian thing to bring some liquor into the building -- you know, to take the edge off their concerns.

Posted by Jubilation T. Cornball | October 22, 2008 2:44 PM

Now, see here, Miz Graves, bein' drunk is something I know a thing or two about, and I mean to tell you that there ain't no amount o' alcohol that'll make that thing look any better than it already is. Aren't. Isn't, I mean. No, ma'am.

Posted by Fnarf | October 22, 2008 2:49 PM

For a staff that was just bragging about drinking brandy in the Arboretum, it's odd that you don't know that liquor is distilled, not brewed.

Posted by EmilyP | October 22, 2008 2:50 PM

so are there free drinks?

Posted by mike | October 22, 2008 3:05 PM

now THAT'S art! it's even evil!

Posted by max solomon | October 22, 2008 3:12 PM

Well, Emily, to be fair it is brewed and then distilled. You can't distill water. The alcohol originally comes from a brew of corn fermented with yeast not completely dissimilar to beer. Then they distill that stuff.

Posted by Fnarf | October 22, 2008 3:13 PM

Is this enough reason to not renew my SAM membership? Maybe I'll give the money to the Tacoma Art Museum instead.

Posted by Q*bert H. Humphrey | October 22, 2008 3:42 PM

This is EMBARASSING CRAP. Wow.

Posted by raisedbywolves | October 22, 2008 4:00 PM

well, i'm wasted on this moment (its 3 in the night in the netherlands)and it still looks crap to me.

so no, its not any better if your drunk.

Posted by hips! | October 22, 2008 6:03 PM

Well, even though that example looks awful, my guy is from Louisville so we're definitely going. Last year we went to the International Bourbon Festival in Bardstown, KY and it was a riot. The Whiskey Museum is also a treat.

Posted by Glasses | October 23, 2008 12:21 AM

Isn't that a picture of nasty old hatchet faced "Drag Hag" Mark Mom Finley?... Oh wait, if it was him the hag would be drinking Makers right out of the bottle... and leering at some poor twink victim...

Posted by N0_More_Mom_ZILLA!!! | October 24, 2008 5:38 PM