Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on Attacking Obama With Arab Music

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate ...

that's all McCain and the Republicans have to say.

Posted by Gordon | October 30, 2008 10:48 AM

Madeleine Albright says:

the last time we were all together as former secretaries of State was at a panel about three weeks ago. And we were asked, all five of us there were asked what we would do in terms of negotiating or having a dialogue with Iran without preconditions. And so Henry Kissinger, Jim Baker, Colin Powell and Warren Christopher and I all agreed that we should be willing to talk to Iran without preconditions.

Posted by Julie in Chicago | October 30, 2008 10:49 AM
Posted by Gordon | October 30, 2008 10:50 AM

He's a ululator!

Posted by flamingbanjo | October 30, 2008 11:27 AM

Sooooo tacky.

Posted by violet_dagrinder | October 30, 2008 11:34 AM

Sheer desperation at camp Mccain.

Posted by Sad Comment | October 30, 2008 11:49 AM

i knew i shouldn't have watched that. total waste of time. this is the sort of thing that makes me wonder about the human soul. does it exist? can it be sold? does it decay and wither away?

given the mccain campaign's shamelessness the answer to those three questions would be either

1) no, thus no and no

or

2) yes, apparently, and obviously

Posted by douglas | October 30, 2008 12:14 PM

This shit would make me really mad if McCain wasn't having his ass handed to him anyway.

Posted by cdc | October 30, 2008 12:47 PM

So they are saying that since Obama said he is willing to drop preconditions, he either has to "admit he was wrong" or do whatever the Iranians want?

Even if you know nothing about this issue, the add makes no sense at all.

Posted by ams | October 30, 2008 3:59 PM

So I know that there is a tremendous effort of younger people, say 30 and below, shaping the Obama campaign through their ingenuity, technical savvy and awareness of a burgeoning liberal political climate. What I wonder about when I see this blatant use of rehashed and truthfully boring music and imagery is, who are the young people who are shaping the McCain campaign strategies. My first instinct is to imagine many of the dickwads I knew in Texas. But then I can't see any of them really producing anything 'artistic' or working in a degree of creativity that would include the branding of a candidate or the production of a tv spot. What I'm really seeing is that the creative forces which present the Obama campaign, those strategic younger participants who have done so well to build so much momentum are far more talented then their Republican equivalents. As stupid as it sounds, I really imagine it as an art school equivalent of 'boring fashion photographer' vs 'interesting contemporary art nerd'. It's just a way for me to abstract the situation.

Posted by Derrick | October 31, 2008 3:33 PM