Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on Re: No Longer the Stupid Fucking Credulous Hack of the Day: Paul Shukovsky

i changed my PI subscription to fri.-sun., and they just called up & gave me the whole week for the lower price!

but i don't want it. i read the NYT because i am a latte liberal.

Posted by max solomon | September 10, 2008 5:07 PM

Uhhh I think that the SFCH is working. They have updated the article with quotes from NORML. I don't believe it.

Posted by wisepunk | September 10, 2008 5:36 PM

Whoa, unfair, ugly and unprofessional comments about Paul, who recently won the Edgar A. Poe MEMORIAL Award, which recognizes excellence in coverage of news of national/regional significance. I'm waiting for the Stranger to actually answer the questions you pose. Or perhaps that would be too much real work?

Posted by mark | September 10, 2008 6:03 PM

Wow, I actually read the article this time. I agree that a less toe-the-line approach is called for, but I was REALLY surprised to see the reporter repeat the DEA's comment that the growers appeared to be of Vietnamese ethnicity. WTF? If you think they belonged to some race-based gang or mafia, say so. It's not even that surprising to hear the DEA say it... but why would you print it in a newspaper article? Lame.

Posted by leek | September 10, 2008 7:04 PM

There will be more joy on Slog for a single Stupid Fucking Credulous Hack who repents then for ninety nine responsible reporters who do not need to repent.

Posted by east coaster | September 10, 2008 7:59 PM

Congratulations, Mr. Holden. I said this was the wrong way to go about it, and it looks like I was wrong.

Posted by elenchos | September 10, 2008 9:32 PM

Well, also, practically all of the commenters there (some of whom are from here, of course) said the same thing. Maybe they listen to their own commenters even more than they listen to Slog.

Posted by leek | September 10, 2008 10:30 PM

We already had a budget crisis in Seattle and in King County.

These arrests made it WORSE.

WHY ARE THEY USING OUR TAX DOLLARS TO DRIVE THE MIDDLE CLASS DEEPER INTO DEBT?

Posted by Will in Seattle | September 10, 2008 10:51 PM

Go team peer review and public critique

Posted by drew | September 11, 2008 10:55 AM

Fucking right on point keep up the good fight Dom!

Posted by dale | September 11, 2008 11:09 AM