Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on Whalemaker!

A piece of alarming information
Signs warn you not to eat the dirt.
The sun/action of the waterside deck.
Three-foot-long-plus male sex organs,
Hells Angels of Alaska.

Can they not read?
Highly accurate appearance:
A miniature Great Pacific Garbage Patch—

Found in Bar Exam, by Bethany Jean Clement.

Posted by elenchos | July 8, 2008 1:37 PM

I hope you're paying respects due, elenchos. That was the most brilliant Bar Exam in ages.

Posted by kid icarus | July 8, 2008 3:03 PM

Bar Exam is the only column with poetry in it. Look, try it with any other column and you get nothing:

In The Hall

Eliminates all property taxes
Teachers, librarians, police, and health-care professionals
Far out of reach for workers in those and similar professions
Already being built.
More than 9 out of 10 rental units in King County are already affordable
"If you're going to have more housing, you need to change the program"
Nearly three times as much housing,
Was working just fine

My Philosopy (Subtitle this week is... wait for it... Hiphop Ya Don't Stop!)

Sho Nuff
Union of Opposites
Peoples, Gator, R.O.B., State of the Artist, and Philly Alto
Ricky Pharoe and Tru-ID

Grieves, Staxx Brothers, Mind Movers, Khingz
Asun and Kasi (Alpha P), Wolfpack, Type, Knox Family (Jerm and Julie C with DJ B Girl), Audiopoet, 33 1/3 (Jewels Hunter, Graves, and Randy Hanson), Language Arts, Yirim Seck, DJ Luvva J, and DJ Audeos.
Sonny Bonoho
Silver Shadow D

Crooked I
Kurupt
Death Row Records
Suge
Jay Barz, Byrdie, Dough, the Parker Brothaz, GameBoy the 80's Baby
Neema

See? Nothing.

Posted by elenchos | July 8, 2008 3:14 PM

The Tidy Bowl? What a horrible idea. Who the hell is in charge of marketing over there? Do they really think that reminding patrons of a toilet full of excrement is a good idea in a restaurant?

Such a good idea, that a press release is sent out about it?

Jesus. I'm never going there again.

Posted by kerri harrop | July 8, 2008 3:26 PM

c'mon Kerri lets look at the big picture:

you mean you will exclude:

Duck Farts
Gravediggers
Brain Erasers
Cum Shot
Snakebite
Liquid Cocaine
Buttery Nipple
and my favorite,
Cement Mixer

Posted by bobcat | July 8, 2008 3:35 PM

I'm with Kerri on this one. The Tidy Bowl? I'll stick with Manhattans, Sidecars, Juleps, Old Fashioneds, and scotch, thanks.

Posted by Balt-O-Matt | July 8, 2008 3:36 PM

I'll never think of the whale whisker in Final Fantasy games quite the same way again.

Posted by lostboy | July 8, 2008 3:56 PM

I used to enjoy going to Ivar's on Lake Union via canoe with my son when he was little - we'd start in Ballard (launch off just to the east of the Ballard Bridge on the North side) and have lunch at Ivar's, then continue on to Magnolia for donuts and return home with a brief stop for a shake.

My fave Ivar's - my ex and I had our preparation dinner there for our families.

Posted by Will in Seattle | July 8, 2008 4:02 PM

When I say I like brown liquor, this isn't what I mean.

Posted by Fnarf | July 8, 2008 4:02 PM

You didn't refuse it when I called it "branch water and whiskey" ...

Posted by Will in Seattle | July 8, 2008 4:04 PM

That "Tidy Bowl" sounds like the perfect way to wash down a serving of the Stranger's "Cat Shit Cake"

Posted by MarkyMark | July 8, 2008 9:02 PM

@1-you forgot to mention the explosion of ugly on that hosts chin.

Posted by meerkat | July 9, 2008 9:23 AM