How about 7) Etymology of the word "pretentious?"
You abandoned all that for creepy posts about various hot chicks you find online, and fixating on Amanda Knox?
I think my brain imploded.
unluckily for us, you have yet to give up being stuck up your own asshole.
i thought about joining a gym once.
No, I control the means of production!
7) Amanda Knox's ongoing tabloid tragedy as a twenty-first-century example of the Star Wars cosmology's ultimate representation of the collective death wish of the human mind/meat postmodernist corollary.
I'm one of the Mudede non-haters, and even I couldn't resist. :)
@2: also obsessing over Natalie Merchant, which is a totally valid use of anyone's time, right?
Nobody likes a slacker, Charles.
Finish your projects. Report back.
Agreed. In fact, you are not allowed to Slog until you've completed all of them.
Get on it.
Just... stop talking like that. Please.
No one older than thirteen thinks you sound more intellegent for using obscure terms in lieu of the english language.
Also, in regards to this post, no one gives a rat's ass.
Congratulations on the completion of all your major projects since 2002.
I think the world could use more thought experiments.
Also, mintygreen, intelligent is spelled thusly. Also, it's "with regard to" not "in regards to". Also, the term "thought experiment" is hardly obscure to anyone who has been exposed to philosophy, or anything resembling it. Also, I'm way over thirteen and I don't think Charles sounds intelligent, I think he is intelligent.
I'm not a overly nutso Charles fanatic, but you know, grow up.
Wow. I haven't seen that much pretentious bullshit since I was enrolled in a wanky liberal arts college.
Richard Wright was HAWT. Definitely do-able.
set achievable goals.
1. slog more pictures of monica belluci.
Isn't Charles Wright a white poet? Who is black novelist Charles Wright?
@19 -- It would appear that two Wrights do make a wrong.
Good, that's six down. But, how many more left to go, Chaz?
Just don't see how these qualify as "thought experiments"... which are hypothetical or imaginary scenarios e.g. the one with the Shroedinger and the cat, or Searle's Chinese Room, etc, etc...
@20 is hereby withdrawn.
Carry on, Mudede.
Charles, don't throw out the Bakhtin with the bathwater.
City Kitty has good points, but "thusly" is not a proper word--the word is "thus."
...of major projects (thought experiments) I abandoned.
1) Developing a tentatively ontological West Coast-apologist theory of Ornette Coleman's original (and now perhaps forever lost) rationale for the creation of harmolodic theory (1963-1980)
2) Initiating a global competition for the most scintillatingly obscure Situationist anti-ideological writer credibly citable in an alternative newspaper essay (1989-1995)
3) The Uzbek language, as spoken by Ted Rall between 2001-2007 (1998)
4) Nubian music-birthing theory, as represented musically by George Clinton and associates (1969-present)
5) A final solution to the question of whether the original 1962 film version of The Manchurian Candidate was a mockery of (a) American anti-communist hysteria or (b) Marxism its very self (1953-1957)
6) Asking of Anthony Braxton his very self: Is jazz the teacher and funk the preacher, or vice versa? (2011)
Please note that I was born in 1966, and have since forgetten the date(s) when I heartlessly threw the above-cited projects under the bus.
7) Beseeching Amy Kate Horn to finally fix at long last the above-exemplified technical weirdnesses of the SLOG comment-posting system. (July 2008)
Can we vote on something you should abandon? Because if we can I'm going to vote for the weird Amanda Knox posts. They kind of creep me out.
I'd vote for the Amanda Knox posts, if I knew what his point was. Maybe I showed up in the middle of that theme.
And yes, fixating on Natalie Merchant pictures is a valid use of my time, about oh, once a month or so.
what a fucking waste.
oh my favorite is
Developing a global (universal) literary theory
you know, just in case you dumbasses don't understand the term 'global'
You forgot to include the project about making an interesting movie.
A list of projects I abandoned:
1. Making fun of Charles Mudede's incredibly creepy Amanda Knox posts on the SLOG
Comments are closed on this post.