Slog News & Arts

« Why Do I Subscribe to the Seat... | Who's Ashamed To Be a Republic... »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mein Kampf

posted by on June 24 at 10:03 AM

knoxEN1011_468x623.jpg

Reports the Telegraph:

Amanda Knox, one of the suspects in the killing of Meredith Kercher, has submitted hundreds of pages of her prison diary to investigators to try to clear her name.

And:

In her diary, obtained by the Corriere della Sera newspaper, Knox, who nicknamed herself Foxy Knoxy on her MySpace webpage, documented the seven men she has slept with.

And:

Among the papers is a letter to her American boyfriend, who she remained in contact with during her time in Italy.

“Dear DJ, I really feel the need to hold you in my arms right now. I have this knot inside and I feel as if someone really cold and strong is pressing my head. I beg you, I cannot stay alone right now. I hate being weak, but I am ill and tired. I want to go home. How can I continue like this for the next 14 days? How can they treat me like this, looking at me as if I was an assassin? They really believe that I am and that’s not ok. This cannot be my life. I beg you, this cannot be my life. Please hold me in your arms, now,” she wrote.

And:

She also revealed that 35 suitors wrote to her in the first two weeks after her arrest. “Write to me because I want to finally know ‘the girl with the face of an angel’,” said one man. Another proposed marriage. “I will respond to all, but only when I am out of here,” wrote Knox.

Where is the end of her? “[N]ever, never, never, never, never!” Some holes know how to become a cave; others, how to terminate the fall of a golf ball. She is a hole that only knows how to be a hole.

RSS icon Comments

I always follow my granpappy's adage "A hole's a hole, long as you're out before daylight."

Posted by DaiBando | June 24, 2008 10:28 AM

Woman is the [seven words you can't say on TV] of the world.

Posted by Will in Seattle | June 24, 2008 10:38 AM

I hope she gets released soon, if only so Charles can sleep with her and stop posting these sophomoric school-boy rants.

Posted by Ziggity | June 24, 2008 10:44 AM

Yeah, Ziggity, like she'd sleep with Charles. Geez, get real here. Thanks for the laugh, though.

Posted by Fifty-Two-Eighty | June 24, 2008 10:52 AM

charles you make me want to puke.

Posted by case of the mondays | June 24, 2008 10:55 AM

Quick this young, good looking woman is in trouble! Where is Nancy Grace? Well at least Charles is in charge.

Pshh... the last thing the US should be doing right now is scrutinizing other country's judicial systems.

Posted by Andy | June 24, 2008 11:02 AM

Dear Charles,

You're embarrassing yourself.

Sincerely,
elm

Posted by elm | June 24, 2008 11:08 AM

Dude. This is orders of magnitude more creepy and stalkerish than any of your other posts about Amanda Knox, including the feature where you went to Perugia.

Reading her diary? Check.
Posting a big, closeup picture? Check.
Cataloguing her sex partners? Check.
Posting an excerpt that talks about her desire for a boyfriend? Check.
Ending it all with the deeply misogynist line, "She is a hole that only knows how to be a hole" ? Check.

Seriously, Charles, this is fucked up.

Posted by Greg | June 24, 2008 11:09 AM

This is pathetic and embarassing.

Posted by D | June 24, 2008 11:57 AM

I like it.

Posted by Fnarf | June 24, 2008 12:25 PM

Maybe she can commit suicide or OD in prison and Charles can follow her Sid and Nancy style.

Posted by Jay | June 24, 2008 12:33 PM

If she didn't always sound so out of touch with reality and downright spooky, I'd feel sorry for her. But something tells me she has herself to blame for her situation.

Posted by Vince | June 24, 2008 12:34 PM

she may be an ass but she is no assassin. she's a murdered. what a dumbass.

Posted by mike | June 24, 2008 12:42 PM

she may be an ass but she is no assassin. she's a murderer. what a d-bag.

Posted by mike | June 24, 2008 12:43 PM

35 Suitors wrote to her after her arrest? So...Charles has 34 other men to compete against?

Posted by Hernandez | June 24, 2008 12:48 PM

the media is being ridiculous. i don't think she did it.

and why the hell are we still talking about her myspace nickname "foxy knoxy?" get over it.

Posted by ebonif | June 24, 2008 12:48 PM

Meh, everyone's too caught up in this. Guess what! It's not your business! Leave the poor girl and her diary alone

Posted by J | June 24, 2008 1:23 PM

Chaz-

Amanda Knox is not, almost by definition, what you imagine her to be. You can write a thousand of these posts attempting to circumscribe her, to stick a pin in the significance of her, and you will never ever be right. Each of these posts is about you and your mind, not her.

Posted by Ursula | June 24, 2008 3:07 PM