Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on HaDouken

12-year-olds can't school you in a game you've been playing since you were twelve. I'd be ashamed if I lost a single fight in SF to some punk who just came out of a vag.

-Mr. Poe

Posted by Rufio (From Hook) | June 25, 2008 2:15 PM

Did you know there is a BIG STREET FIGHTER (and other fighting games) TOURNAMENT in Seattle? It is THIS SATURDAY.

Details are here:

Lots of games will be there for casual play! The games that will have official tournaments are:
# Super Street Fighter II: Turbo
# Street Fighter III: Third Strike
# Marvel vs. Capcom 2
# Virtua Fighter 5
# Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core
# Capcom vs. SNK 2
# Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

If you like fighting games, you should go! And you should think about entering a tournament, because it's okay if you lose, and because it will help support the event.

Posted by Grant Laughlin | June 25, 2008 3:19 PM

Sam, I will totally go if you go. Virtua Fighter (Any) and SSF2T?! Un-ts!

Posted by Rufio (From Hook) | June 25, 2008 3:36 PM

Dude! My room mate is working on this. He is currently redrawing every frame of Blanca. Cool beans.

Posted by The White Blackula | June 25, 2008 4:09 PM

You guys should seriously make it happen. It's gonna be a huge crowd, with some of the top players there to represent. But also there'll be lots of casuals to play, you can watch the majors go to it on the big screen, get your picture taken with famous players, or just hang out.

I'm gonna be there... obviously. :/

Posted by Grant | June 25, 2008 4:16 PM

-> Blanka. :/

Posted by Grant | June 25, 2008 4:17 PM

$15 fee day-of to participate? Yeesh. Even the pinball fest cost less. But I'll try to stop by. I'm a sucker for MvC2...

FYI: If you're looking to promote any gaming projects/events, please contact me. I don't have an official Stranger address via either e-mail or snail, so hit me up at "sam alt samred dolt colm" (remove the l's).

Posted by Sam M. | June 25, 2008 6:45 PM

Thanks, Sam. I'll try to remember that one, in case we can get any other things going.

Yeah, $15. But believe me, renting out the room and equipment were not cheap. None of the organizers are making money off of this.

Posted by Grant | June 25, 2008 9:14 PM

MvC2? O_o We have pretty regular tournaments for MvC2 still at my house (we moved it there after LanWerx closed). (Plus my site has tons of MvC2 videos if you're into that kind of thing.) It is kind of a sausage fest, but it's still fun. :)

If you stop by, say hi - I'll be in a blue Kobun shirt filming Marvel.

Posted by zachdms | June 25, 2008 11:52 PM

Actually, they just extended pre-registration!

So now it's just $10 to be in a tournament - just sign up here: http://super-turbo.net/pnwmajors/register.html

I'm pretty sure there's no excuse not to, at this point.

Posted by Grant | June 26, 2008 2:13 PM