woot! mars landing pwned!*
* Much nerdy rejoicing.
They did it!! This is really great news.
sad that unmanned missions get such little coverage.
they pulled all this off for "just" $420 million, the same as we spend in 3 or 4 days in iraq.
Oh, forget about the $420 million. What about the carbon footprint?
WOOOOOOOOOOO! HELL YEAH!
This is so awesome. It's insane that humans know how to do this.
So, how much Earth bacteria and virus did we just introduce to Mars? In God's Universe were we supposed to do that? Just asking...
"unmanned probes failed"?
u r terrist. rover lasted years passed expected death. sftu, non-science arsewiper.
* Mars 2, Prop-M rover, 1971, failed
* Mars 3, Prop-M rover, 1971, failed
* Sojourner rover, Mars Pathfinder, landed successfully on July 4, 1997. Communications were finally lost on September 27, 1997.
* Spirit, Mars Exploration Rover, landed successfully on January 4, 2004. Rover is still operating.
* Opportunity, Mars Exploration Rover, landed successfully on January 25, 2004. Rover is still operating.
u r nut jernalist. & ur facts r teh sux.
Hooray NASA (and the University of Arizona)! Space exploration is one of the great events of our time.
initial mapping section from Phoenix:
Let the discoveries begin. We truly live in the New Golden Age of discovery. Hooray for science!
Wow, could this post have been more condescending? Gotta run- someone's complaining about showing the wrong movie...
In order to combat spam, we are no longer accepting comments on this post (or any post more than 45 days old).