Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on For Slog's Only Poetry Fan

EDITH SITWELL!

Posted by brian | April 3, 2008 4:51 PM

They are all Google-able. I just tried since I live in a different part of the country and have no intention of entering. I got four of them without Google, though. I knew that BA in English Literature would be good for something someday!

Posted by Shewho | April 3, 2008 4:59 PM

I found them all quickly enough. Which one is supposed to be the hard one? The Russian?

Posted by yucca flower | April 3, 2008 5:03 PM

i'll admit it-i'm a poetry fan, and i regularly read slog.

Posted by jayme | April 3, 2008 5:04 PM

but really, not everything is googleable. in fact, the amount of non-googleable content is estimated to be several times larger than the amount of content that is.

Posted by kathleen | April 3, 2008 5:18 PM

Kathleen brings up the interesting but easily forgotten point that not everything is googleable simply because it's not online at all.

Me, I was just impressed that The The and The Band are both googleable, which surprised me.

Posted by Fnarf | April 3, 2008 5:38 PM

Oh, sure. You can go out and use "The Google" to find the answers to the contest. And we at the store won't know. But, you'll know.

That's right. You'll know you cheated.

And it will eat at you for the rest of your life. Seriously.

But go ahead. Cheat. Be a big cheater.

While you're at it, use Scrabble Word Finder when you play with your school chums. Go ahead. Be a part of the breakdown of society.

Posted by the shelver | April 3, 2008 5:40 PM

Oh, just use the Wayback Machine.

Posted by Will in Seattle | April 3, 2008 6:02 PM

You don't know what the Wayback Machine is, do you, Will?

Posted by Fnarf | April 3, 2008 6:37 PM

@ The Shelver,

I said I googled the answers. I never said I planned on entering the contest. As I suspect is the case with many sloggers.

Posted by yucca flower | April 3, 2008 7:30 PM

I like poetry. And I like design review updates. Thanks.

Posted by finishtag | April 3, 2008 10:06 PM

Dear God in Heaven....

WHY did they put an apostrophe in the word "silhouette's"!?!?!?!?

Posted by merry | April 4, 2008 12:34 AM