Slog: News & Arts

RSS icon Comments on Strike a Pose

Couldn't that statue just as easily be considered hetero, but from a female perspective? Ladies can appreciate hot male statues too.

Posted by kyleen | March 3, 2008 9:58 AM

@1: The guy is holding a sword in his crotch, and the handle looks like an erect penis. That type of symbolism is probably a little hotter when viewed through the "gay eye," as entrants to the contest are instructed to do.

Posted by Aislinn | March 3, 2008 10:09 AM

@2: I see the symbolism and my point is that I don't think you have to be gay to appreciate it. As a female I appreciate it and think its hot.

Posted by kyleen | March 3, 2008 10:22 AM

Obviously "hot" means skinny and hairless. No fatties please.

Posted by UNPAID BLOGGER | March 3, 2008 10:27 AM

(By the way, I'm referring to the original post, not #3.)

Posted by UNPAID BLOGGER | March 3, 2008 10:31 AM

@3: Right, but the point of the contest is to view the statues with "gay" hotness in mind. It's not a contest for statues-that-heterosexual-females-might-think-are-hot, it's a contest for statues with gay undertones. Or overtones, for that matter.

If you'd like to throw your own straight-girls-who-like-statues contest, by all means, but this isn't about straight girls.

Posted by Aislinn | March 3, 2008 10:50 AM

I think everyone's qualified to judge gay hotness.

Some just won't be willing to admit it.

Posted by NapoleonXIV | March 3, 2008 11:21 AM

I love this contest! I can't wait to see all of the photos! I think I'm actually a gay man inside sometimes...only men are way bigger pervs! hahaha Just kidding. I know women are pervs too. We are all pervs and reading Savage Love has proved this to me! TANGENT! Anyway, can't wait for the photos! :)

Posted by Kristin | March 3, 2008 12:07 PM

@1 and 3, I'm with @6. Can't we gay men be allowed to have anything at all to ourselves? Must we be so inclusive that even someone with a gay oriented blog soliciting input from gay men has to create camp contests that include you? I suppose you will next demand we sleep with you as well. Stop being so narcissistic.

Posted by inkweary | March 3, 2008 3:27 PM

St Louis may be an older "art city" than Seattle but they've got their undies in such a tight wad that you'd never suspect how artist-unfriendly they are. It's hard to explain...you really just have to either know artists who try to make a living there, or visit often enough to see it for yourself (or both).

Posted by Wolf | March 3, 2008 4:03 PM