Chow Skillet: Robbed!
posted by March 20 at 10:37 AMon
Skillet, Seattle’s sporadic purveyor of gourmet meals-on-wheels, has hit another bump: The Skillet support truck, with all Skillet’s skillets and so forth, was stolen from the U District last night. The Ballard Skillet stop today has been cancelled; they will be back in action at Magnuson Park for the Rat City Rollergirls this weekend.
Skilleteer Danny sounded philosophical about the latest bit of bad luck—so far in Skillet’s relatively short history, they’ve been shut down by the health department, their vintage Airstream trailer has broken, and now this. Danny laughed at the idea that they should do some sort of anti-evil-eye spell. But they really should. This one is brought to you by the grandmother of a random Slog commenter from almost exactly a year ago (spooky). If a random Slog commenter’s grandma can’t remove the evil eye, who can?
Quick ‘n’ Easy Anti-Evil-Eye
1. After dark, roll a raw egg (still in its shell) back and forth over your forehead.
2. Break the egg into a bowl part full of water. Discard shell.
2. Put it in the refrigerator overnight.
3. In the a.m., take it out and look at it portentously.
4. Throw away the egg-in-water. (Flinging it out a window or off a deck feels best.)
Voila! Instant better luck. Thanks, Random Slog Commenter’s Gramma!