2008 Re: As Long As We’re Holding Candidates Responsible for Every Single Thing Their Supporters Say
posted by March 11 at 17:20 PMon
Your post is so full of misrepresentations that I think our commenters will probably have completely picked it apart by the time I finish writing this.
But, briefly, because I’m on the run:
1) Read what I wrote more carefully. I didn’t “flat-out” say what you’re so upset about me supposedly “flat-out” saying.
2) Samantha Power and Maxim Thorne have resigned from the Obama campaign because of their statements, which Obama made clear he did not support.
3) Obama did not, “himself,” refer to Clinton as “D-Punjab.” That was from an early oppo-research paper that he repudiated.
4) Ferraro is perhaps technically in some sort of gray area in terms of her official title, but the facts remain: She is
Clinton’s finance chair a member of Clinton’s finance committee (hardly an unimportant role) and has frequently acted as a spokesperson or message amplifier for the campaign (hardly your average supporter).
5) I was trying to get a quick post up on a busy day. I was also trying to deal in true facts. If I have something factually wrong in my post, I’ll correct it. Hope you’ll do the same.