Slog News & Arts

Music & Nightlife

« Goodbye to All That | The Ultimate Obama Irony. In a... »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

If Last Night’s Project Runway Taught Us Anything

posted by on January 10 at 11:42 AM

zglassesfam.jpg

It’s that few things are as entertaining as old photos. (Thank you, circuitous Slog tipstress Stephanie.)

And if my pre-Project Runway Slog post taught me anything, it’s that certain readers are deeply appreciative when they encounter photos of non-skinny, non-hairless men on Slog. For these readers, I present the ridiculous accumulation of attractiveness known as English rugby player Ben Cohen:

scaled.ben%20cohen.jpg

Really, he’s like a frickin’ Care Bear version of the World’s Sexiest Man.

RSS icon Comments

I'd bury my face in that chest if he didn't look like such a fucking toolbox.

Posted by Mr. Poe | January 10, 2008 11:44 AM

Hey Mr. Poe! I got my first grey hair the other day! How many do I need to be considered hot by you?

Also, yes, that Cohen is one hot mother f-er...

Posted by Mike in MO | January 10, 2008 12:04 PM

@1, I'd do it anyway. Looks like one of my old roommates.. straight roommate >_

Posted by Luis | January 10, 2008 12:13 PM

Bonus Points: He may be straight, but he's a friend to teh gays!

Posted by UNPAID BLOGGER | January 10, 2008 12:15 PM

Oh remeber the days when we were 27 and not invisible!

Posted by Sargon Bighorn | January 10, 2008 12:37 PM

hmmmmm...methinks I know where that Olan Mill pix came from, cause I got that sent to me, too...but the best part were the captions.

Ben Cohen....sigh....

Posted by michael strangeways | January 10, 2008 12:42 PM

I'd do him... and I'm not gay.

Cohen looks alot like me come to think of it.

Posted by Reality Check | January 10, 2008 12:52 PM

Mr Schmader - I salute your excellent taste in men and, of course, your very satisfying writings. You show a kind of editorial control that I'd like to see more of.....

Posted by jackseattle | January 10, 2008 12:53 PM

oh, the Olan Mills link doesn't work...

Posted by michael strangeways | January 10, 2008 12:56 PM

Great minds really do think alike. When I saw that Favre pic yesterday, my first thought was how do I get my imagination to come up with a convincing scenario for Favre and Ben Cohen to be sharing a shower head. If I can get Steve Young in there, I'm calling in sick today.

Posted by skweetis | January 10, 2008 12:57 PM

Yum!!! Thank you Schmader. You made my day. Especially with the boxer-briefs photo.

Posted by thebaxter | January 10, 2008 1:01 PM

Steve Young?!?! There are 20 quarterbacks that are hotter than Steve Young.

Posted by Mike in MO | January 10, 2008 1:02 PM

@2

Either sport a perfect head of salt & pepper (50/50), or have an entire head of silver. This isn't a requirement, though. Grey hair is merely the #1 deciding factor of a long-term relationship--next to how good your face looks with it--not a 1NS.

Un-ts!

Posted by Mr. Poe | January 10, 2008 1:04 PM

Olan Mills link fixed!

Also, I don't know what Steve Young looks like but I shall do a Google image search now.

Posted by David Schmader | January 10, 2008 1:20 PM

Steve Young: S'alright. I expect my Mormons to be sexier. (See: Jake.)

Posted by David Schmader | January 10, 2008 1:23 PM

@12 - Probably, but for some reason he turns my crank. I was going to go with Ben Browder but I figured the number of Slog-reading Favre fans that were into Farscape is pretty low.

Posted by skweetis | January 10, 2008 1:31 PM

Thank you, Mr. Schmader. You made my day!

And to Sargon Bighorn @5:
As a 27 year old who's been invisible since he turned 22, what on Earth are you talking about?

Posted by James | January 10, 2008 1:46 PM

Myohmy...

I could stare at that one all day.

Posted by NapoleonXIV | January 10, 2008 3:16 PM

Amusing that you've got onto this hunk; my count of old saved Ben Cohen pics is at 9 and growing. Its a good day for Nice Jewish (ancestry) Boys, awww...

Posted by MarkyMark | January 10, 2008 3:21 PM

I was hot for Wilko, then Cozza was revealed to me and now, well, he is my boyfriend.

Posted by Jubilation T. Cornball | January 10, 2008 5:01 PM

i'd hit it.

Posted by scary tyler moore | January 10, 2008 6:49 PM

At last, a counterpoint to Dan Savage's obsession with hairless twinks with big teeth. Fuck, if that's what the paper is about, do a cover on Huckabee.

Posted by Waldo | January 11, 2008 5:11 AM

Damn...he's hot! Thanks for the early morning eye candy.

@10: Well done ;)

Posted by Kaija | January 11, 2008 5:31 AM

Ben Cohen is the hotest....you can see more pix of him at www.ben-cohen.com

Posted by mikeek | January 11, 2008 12:05 PM