Slog News & Arts

Line Out

Music & Nightlife

« Mitt Goes After Mike | Of Burn Bans and Leaf Blowers »

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Slog Happy This Thursday

posted by on December 11 at 9:04 AM

SlogHH.jpgWe’re throwing a party for you, Slog readers—a monthly happy hour at Moe where we can kvetch and gossip and laugh in person. You are going to be tired of looking at this ad by Thursday; for that I apologize. I just want to make sure everyone is in the loop. See you Thursday?

RSS icon Comments

Hmm. Gold suit, or no?

Posted by Fnarf | December 11, 2007 9:22 AM

I so wish I could kvetch with all you weirdos in person.

Posted by Mike in MO | December 11, 2007 9:26 AM

You know... it's tempting...

But if I announced I was going, a number of Seattle's finest would show up to give an impromptu demonstration of the numerous ways you can beat the crap out of someone with a night stick.

Posted by Packratt | December 11, 2007 9:30 AM

I'm going to bring some non-Sloggers as well. That cool?

Posted by Greg | December 11, 2007 9:31 AM

Fnarf, definitely Gold suit curb dancing if my busking guitar doesn't freeze up. Ankle Deep down, I'm a WimpFXIV.

Posted by June Bee | December 11, 2007 9:51 AM

fnarfs' real dilemmas:
do they serve rich smooth ovaltine or that crappy metamucil fiber suppliment?

do they have a defibrillator or should I bring along my nitroglycerine pills?

will the new fangled muzak overload my earpiece in strange and confusing ways or should I risk breaking a hip and bust a move in my oh so fab onesie?

Posted by hipsterlite | December 11, 2007 10:08 AM

Definitely gold suit. See y'all there!

Posted by Carollani | December 11, 2007 10:09 AM

I'll be the dirty Santa outside busking. Come by and touch me.

Posted by left coast | December 11, 2007 10:10 AM

I'm with Carollani, Gold Suit UP Fnarf!

Mr. Poe, you'd better be there too, hopefully in some adorable outfit. I suggest a bear costume.

Posted by Original Monique | December 11, 2007 10:26 AM

I'll come in a fat suit, with my mouth stuffed full of snack cakes, and give Dan a big bear hug.

Posted by tsm | December 11, 2007 10:27 AM

Oh I'll be there.

Posted by Mr. Poe | December 11, 2007 10:30 AM

@4 Yes, of course bring your friends. We'll convert them.

Posted by Amy Kate Horn | December 11, 2007 10:33 AM

hipster - My money's on that Fnarf can flip on the late-night switch no problem. I bet he switches to a nicer brandy in a nicer glass when you fall asleep.

Posted by Lloyd Clydesdale | December 11, 2007 10:38 AM

"My money's on that Fnarf can flip on the late-night switch no problem"

clap on. clap off. the clapper.

if he's fallen and can't get up---its on you Lloyd, make sure the ambulance men know about his living will. o.k.

Posted by hipsterlite | December 11, 2007 10:47 AM

I'm done with school for the quarter. This is tempting. I'll certainly be alone and be in a lot of crosshairs, however.

Posted by Gomez | December 11, 2007 10:50 AM

Very tempting... but also risky, since I won't know anyone.

Posted by James | December 11, 2007 10:55 AM

I will soooo be there.

Posted by wisepunk | December 11, 2007 10:57 AM

Heh, hipster. The clapper. Reminds me of Duplex, where Ben Stiller has the clapper war through the ceiling with Mrs. Connely.

Posted by Lloyd Clydesdale | December 11, 2007 11:17 AM

NSFW pictures and plenty of quotes, please! Bonus if someone posts a video. Extra bonus if that video shows Poe in a state of extreme disrepair, or Fnarf sipping a cocktail over hipsterlite's prone, passed-out body.

Posted by Irena | December 11, 2007 11:19 AM

Gomez will be the fat asian with an attitude problem due to being unlovable.

(you know, in case he doesn't put on a name tag or it gets swallowed by his rolls)

Posted by amen | December 11, 2007 11:32 AM

The chances of my pants coming off are higher than the chances of alcohol being served.

Posted by flash gordon | December 11, 2007 12:08 PM

I'm sure amen will be there...

Posted by Lloyd Clydesdale | December 11, 2007 12:25 PM

Whatever happened to Bitch on Heels?

Posted by Mr. Poe | December 11, 2007 12:48 PM

If this becomes a regular thing I'll try to attend next time I'm in Seattle. But with a baby on the way I doubt it'll be anytime soon.

Hey Mike in Mo, you should brave I-70 and come say hi. St. Louis to Denver in weather like this should only be about 14 hours, eh?

Posted by Matt from Denver | December 11, 2007 12:49 PM

Hipsterlite, I can dance you under the table without breaking a sweat. You go up against me in ANY ENDEAVOR WHATSOEVER and the janitor will be sweeping up a little pile of ash in the morning where you used to be.

Posted by Fnarf | December 11, 2007 2:17 PM

Hmmm...discount beer and the promise of potential violence at *any* moment.....

Posted by NapoleonXIV | December 11, 2007 5:02 PM

I know, right? Should we be piecein'?

Posted by Mr. Poe | December 11, 2007 5:34 PM

In fact, I think we should have the Mayor call the liquor board and have the place's license pulled, just in case!

Posted by NapoleonXIV | December 11, 2007 11:47 PM